Pure coconut oil

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coconut oil has saved my hair and restored it. I swear by it also. Does anyone use it in their Salon on their clients? If so, how do you incorporate. I find that salons are heavily focused on salon systems and don't seem to embrace a the best of DIYer's. It think salon professionals would do well to experiment, find best practices of DIY and create new services and increase their bottom line. Great link Beckstar.

I'm not a licensed professional but I am creating a unique salon studio service for professionals with a licensed professional (biz partner) and we were just talking about Coconut oil today.

I also beginning to blog about bridging the gap between DIYers and professionals. I see so much opportunity for pros to capitalize on this movement of (health conscious hair care) and increase their bottom line.

Yes great idea maybe it could be offered as a hot oil treatment if you promote it as being a natural way to condition the hair I.e using noting but organic and pure oils like a condition and treatment but using organic oils I think you would pull in a lot of dif clients maybe your ones that just have cuts and don't being in using chemical on there hair as in colour, straightening you could really sell them something like this with it being all natural and pure! Good luck I think its a great idea! X

Thanks beckstar! Ordered some after i read this and i cant believe that something that feels so oily doesnt leave the hair feeling heavy. I applied to dry hair then put a shower cap on over night and shampoo'd off then applied surface cond. My hair feels so amazing!! Defo recommended xxx

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

No probs ellishairbeauty I haven't tried it with a shower hat so you have give me a good tip also now will try that haha thanx x

I tried coconut oil yesterday. Slathered it from root to tip and massaged it in and left it on all afternoon. I shampooed twice and conditioned and i must say, I am amazed at the results. No residue or smell and loads of body and shine. Thanks again Beckstar!!

Couldn't find any pure coconut oil in the shops so have just ordered some from eBay. Can't wait for it to come now! My hair is really dry and fine so if it works on me I'll be amazed.

I tried coconut oil yesterday. Slathered it from root to tip and massaged it in and left it on all afternoon. I shampooed twice and conditioned and i must say, I am amazed at the results. No residue or smell and loads of body and shine. Thanks again Beckstar!!

I did the same. Although I might have overdone it a bit, it was dripping down my neck. I did wrap in cling film though, I didn't want grease spots on the back of the armchair.

How much did you use?

I did the same. Although I might have overdone it a bit, it was dripping down my neck. I did wrap in cling film though, I didn't want grease spots on the back of the armchair.

How much did you use?

I didn't measure just slathered it in and massaged it all the way through. I'm growing out bleach so it just sucked it up!!

I bought some in tesco yesterday down the world food aisle it was £2.35 for 500ml jar. Going to try it in my hair tonight :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I bought some in tesco yesterday down the world food aisle it was £2.35 for 500ml jar. Going to try it in my hair tonight :)

Is it pure coconut oil? As in nothing else added? If so then I'll buy from Tesco in future so much cheaper! x

I got mine from Tesco but it was much more expensive. I think it was over £6!

Is it pure coconut oil? As in nothing else added? If so then I'll buy from Tesco in future so much cheaper! x

I got mine from Tesco but it was much more expensive. I think it was over £6!

I said earlier in the thread I got mine from either Tesco (or Asda I couldn't remember which) and it was about £2.25 at the most it was £2.50 for the 500ml tub.

I have the 500ml KTC Pure Coconut Oil. Yes it is 100% Coconut oil, here is the link to it online although it says unavailable online, it is available in store.

Ktc Coconut Oil 500Ml - Groceries - Tesco Groceries

I said earlier in the thread I got mine from either Tesco (or Asda I couldn't remember which) and it was about £2.25 at the most it was £2.50 for the 500ml tub.

I have the 500ml KTC Pure Coconut Oil. Yes it is 100% Coconut oil, here is the link to it online although it says unavailable online, it is available in store.

I'll have a look out for that one next time. Tbh, I just wanted to get out of the shop quickly so I grabbed the first one I saw.

Coconut oil has saved my hair and restored it. I swear by it also. Does anyone use it in their Salon on their clients? If so, how do you incorporate. I find that salons are heavily focused on salon systems and don't seem to embrace a the best of DIYer's. It think salon professionals would do well to experiment, find best practices of DIY and create new services and increase their bottom line. Great link Beckstar.

I'm not a licensed professional but I am creating a unique salon studio service for professionals with a licensed professional (biz partner) and we were just talking about Coconut oil today.

I also beginning to blog about bridging the gap between DIYers and professionals. I see so much opportunity for pros to capitalize on this movement of (health conscious hair care) and increase their bottom line.

To use it in the salon I would probably think it would be best to give a little pot of it to your client and get them to apply it the night before there hair cut at home then come with it still on to there appointment! That way it give the oil the maximum amount of time on the hair!
Or get a junior to apply it then leave for 30/45 mins then wash and cut

Yes exactly the same one as you bought BaggyBear, it was your post that had me check out my local tesco :)

I had a look down the world foods aisle in tescos but couldn't find any! Is it near the Jamaican stuff??

I found mine next to the oils and vinegars.

I had a look down the world foods aisle in tescos but couldn't find any! Is it near the Jamaican stuff??

Ours was near the Jamaican but more in between the Polish and Japanese foods.
Looking at the label the next writing under english looks like Hindi so maybe look in that section too.
It surprised me as I was expecting to find it in a clear, runny form and poss in a bottle but look for a navy label on a jar of white solid with a white lid

Ours was near the Jamaican but more in between the Polish and Japanese foods.
Looking at the label the next writing under english looks like Hindi so maybe look in that section too.
It surprised me as I was expecting to find it in a clear, runny form and poss in a bottle but look for a navy label on a jar of white solid with a white lid

Thanks for this, I'll keep an eye out too. The one I bought is organic, virgin and heaven knows what else so that's why it cost a fortune!

The one I've bought from eBay is in oil form so I won't have to melt it. Will let you know what it's like.
View attachment 51660

The one I've bought from eBay is in oil form so I won't have to melt it. Will let you know what it's like.
View attachment 51660

How much was this off ebay? I couldnt find any in my Asda and we dont have a Tesco locally :(

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

This is what you are looking for ladies, small person not included ;)

Attachments

• 1388610562285.jpg
    1388610562285.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 452

Latest posts

Back