Question about CND monomer.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mieke

Reaction score
Hi,

I posted before concerning the shelf life of cnd liquid and how if it was visible on the package. i asked my cnd distributor and they didn´t really knew how to figure out the manufacturing date by reading the codes on the back.
But they said not to worry since if you don´t open the bottle it doesn´t expire... i don´t know but this sounded odd to me... anyone knows if this is true?

When I relocated, I had some opened Retention+ for ages in storage which was still ok about 8 months later when I picked up my brush again.

I think the shelf life is generally 1 year for products but I may be wrong. If you are storing the products in a nice cool place away from direct sunlight they will probably be ok for a very long time. I have a large tub of Soft White powder which I have had for about 2-3 years and it is still ok.:)

I did have some Entity products which I also had when I relocated. However, the powder was all discoloured when I went to use it and that was less than 1 year old.:rolleyes:

PM Sam, Samantha or Gigi for confirmation.:)

When I relocated, I had some opened Retention+ for ages in storage which was still ok about 8 months later when I picked up my brush again.

I think the shelf life is generally 1 year for products but I may be wrong. If you are storing the products in a nice cool place away from direct sunlight they will probably be ok for a very long time. I have a large tub of Soft White powder which I have had for about 2-3 years and it is still ok.:)

I did have some Entity products which I also had when I relocated. However, the powder was all discoloured when I went to use it and that was less than 1 year old.:rolleyes:

PM Sam, Samantha or Gigi for confirmation.:)

I honestly don't think you need to worry about the shelf life of your product unless you never use it!!

Most companies will give a 1 year guarantee but in truth, monomer liquid from CND will keep for years if kept as per manufacturer's instructions.

Your distributor only has to send the code number to CND to have the DOM verified. It isn't a difficult thing for them to do.

Thanks a lot geeg a urban geek.
I just started to wonder about this since using this liquid it felt like my customers were getting more breakages and when i looked at my pads it looked a bit yellowish from whiping some acrylic on it. it isn´t my brush cause when i load it with liquid nothing happens when i wipe it. it´s just when i combine the momomer with the powder that i noticed a color difference. not major, just slightly.
The breakages could be also due to customers being off from work, working more in their garden etc... don´t know.

I will ask them to do this for me if they have the time. need to drop in again this week to pick up some products.

What type of monomer are you using,, have you tried maybe switching to radical for those clients which are having breakages?? I use retention + which I have found to be really good, although I am using radical on a small number of clients whom are hard wearing on there enhancements, therefore prone to cracking, so far no problems. Just a thought,,, HTH

Kate

CND L&P SPA MANICURE AND PEDICURE

Latest posts

Back