Question on problem I had with individual lash extensions today

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinkywinky

Reaction score
I've been doing these for years but experienced a problem today. One of the lashes I glued on stuck to the ladies lower lash. Whilst I'm doing my lash extensions I usually get the client to open their eyes after a few lashes have been placed so that their lashes don't get glued together.

Well I did this every couple as described, and when the lashes were finished I noticed that to the sides of the lady's eyes there was still some sticking. So I applied warm water on a cotton wool bud to help sort the problem and open the eye without causing too much pain to her.

This resulted in a bit of fluff from the wet cotton bud being left on the root of the applied lash.

My question is, is there anything I could have done so I know for next time and don't get a little dot of cotton wool left on the lash root.

It didn't look at all bad or anything, it was just I felt a bit bad it was left there, but I was only trying to help by trying to open her eyes without causing too much pain.

Thanks for your help.

hi
did you tape down the lower lashes before you started? xx

Last edited:
No I've never heard of that or wasn't shown it at college.:rolleyes:

What do you tape them down with hun?

Micropore, surgical tape from the chemist, hth :hug:

oh never heard of it, thanks will get me some!

i use micro pore too. or you can buy eyepads to go over bottom lashes that also are good for tired eyes xx my trainer gave me some for free but once i used them all i went back to using two bits of micropore HTH xxx

I've never used micro pore either for eyelash extentions. Only the eye wrinkle pads for the semi-perm type. Thanks for the tip girls!

:D xx

I use Nexcare Absolute Waterproof tape (it's tan in color and about 1 inch wide) and I pre-cut the roll into about 1 1/2 inch lenghths and then cut a crescent shape along one lenght to fit the eyes. It's a little thicker than the paper tape so it gives a little padding for those pointy tweezers. If I have any tiny lashes that pop out I will use the micropore paper tape to catch them. I rarely have a sticky, but if I do I just use my tweezers to gently pry them apart.

Hi there

When I was taught these, we were told not to use cotton buds/cotton wool at all because they may stick. We were told to use the disposable eyemake sponge applicators. hth

heather

i cant beleive you were tuaght without taping down the bottom lashes??
i use anti wrinkle patched from body care £1.99 and i get 4 sets out of them, they feel really nice and much more comfortable than having tape pulled off afterwards!! just ask client to open eyes and look back and pop them on. x

OMG, I was never taught to tape the lower lashes either!?!?
I will be trying it from now on though!!!:cry:

Micropore, surgical tape from the chemist, hth :hug:

This is wrong, I do hope you do not teach this. this tape is not good for the lower part of the face and does pull at the skin even with the most careful removal technique. (its ok for upper use but NEVER on lower) It can also pull some of the lower lashes off.

ALWAYS use the correct pads for the lower lashes. the q10 patches can make some peoples eyes sting.

The best pads on the market come from America, but they can be purchased over here through A H Francis Procedure Tools > Fibreless Eye Gel Pads - A must for eyelash extension procedures not the cheapest but they are the best, I defy anyone to use them and not rate them.

Su x

Nexcare is good, its nothing like micropore , Johoba oil (yes oil and don't worry about oil and the glue and top lashes and all that stuff) is gently placed on the underside of the skin, and the nexcare is placed on top. 3M UK have no plans for this product to be stocked, so I am afraid you will have to import this. You can tell I know my stuff I have not just been doing this for just a few years.

If you have any advanced questions, beyond the norm please ask.

Last edited:
I use either micropore or the eyeshields we use for make up application (in white). they are quite good too. It depends on the clients lower lashes which i use. short and springy, micropore, longer then the shields. I dont use the antiwrinkle patches as i have had several clients react to them.

tigi

When i teach for Hollywood lashes I always teach how to cover the lower lashes with either the tape (micro pore) or a anti wrinkle eyepatch, the ones whicha re from Marvel lash are really good and you can also explain to the client that they are having a anti wrikle eye treatment whilst having there lashes applied.

hth:)

Latest posts

Back