Quick fix for problamatic skin!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautification

Reaction score
I did search!!

I have a wedding to go to next Thursday & it's going to be the first time since i've lost weight i've done my hair and make-up properly and wearing a new dress...so i'd like to look my best!

I've come out in loads of spots..more like red blemishes than pustules!

I don't have the time or money at the mo to go out & buy the dermologica i'd like to but I do have a face steamer and exfol gloves..of course! So does anyone have a quick fix that will get me sorted in 8 days! I'm trying to stop with the coffee and just drink water.

Thanks

I wouldn't do anything drastic if you've got only 8 days. But then, as a skin pro, you already know that!
Keep your skin clean, don't sleep in your makeup, don't try any new products and stop stressing about it; it's the bride's day, not yours!

Bloody spots! I always find I get them when I know I'm going out somewhere and will be wanting to look my best!

this isnt somthing that id reccomend to clients but when i have the odd one or two problem stops i put sudocream on them overnight it works really well!! xx

1. If the spots are red at the moment, it sounds as though there is some sensitivity going on here. The only thing I would do is apply some calamine lotion on to tone down the redness and not enter into any rough cleansing (as in the exfoliating gloves, as they are for body only). I hope the wedding goes well, and just try to leave your skin alone in the meantime. Hope this helps:hug:

I got dalcin topical lotion from the docs as I broke out into spots because of stress all red not a good look! I'd maybe go to the doc and see what he/she says hth xx

I think my spots may be stress related! I use exfol gloves on my face as I have psoriasis and have no other choice face scrubs don't work on it

I wouldn't encourage rough exfoliation as trauma to the skin can actually make psoriasis worse. Exfoliation brings blood to the surface of the skin and can "feed the psoriasis." I would suggest gently wiping the plaques with a moist facecloth, and applying moisturisers and/or topical medications.
Exfoliation doesn't prevent or reduce psoriasis.

Only when I wear makeup sorry as its really visable with foundation on! The only thing I use that works which my mum and grandma use is selsun shampoo and its awful!!!!

We had a equality and diversity training day at work today and apparantly psoriasis is a disibility!! Anyone else ever know this? My o/h has been crackin jokes that he knows are insensative and not funny like does that mean I don't have to pay for parking....

Latest posts

Back