Quick question??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kittensgotclaws

Reaction score
Hi everyone, i had a client a few days back, i did her nails for her prom and she went away happy. I saw her yesterday and her enhancements were gone!!:eek: I asked her what had happened (as she had picked them off before, she owned up to it) and she said that her nails were fine for the first 2 days then they started burning??? I dont understand, i have done lots ofladies nails and never had this problem, has anyone else heard of this as i have never heard it before??:confused:

Thanks, Jo.xx

could have been shrinkage which can happen if you work too wet or she has damaged nails to start with...it would have gone after 24 hours or so...shame she didn't ring you first before ripping them off....if she didn't have damaged nails before i bet she has now.

If her nails were fine for the first few days, then shrinkage was not the problem. The problem is??? She's lying to you.

With the possible exception --- if you used 10 layers of acid primer on her you may have got a delayed burning sensation but Ido not think that scenario is a likely one .... I hope :eek:

She's a teenager...she picked them off.
They lie.

If her nails were fine for the first few days, then shrinkage was not the problem. The problem is??? She's lying to you.

With the possible exception --- if you used 10 layers of acid primer on her you may have got a delayed burning sensation but Ido not think that scenario is a likely one .... I hope :eek:

Thankyou blossom and geeg, no :lol: i didn't use 10 layers of acid primer, lol as you say, thats an unlikely one. You have definately put my mind at rest. I was worried that itmight have been something i had done as i had never heard this before. Next time she comes i shall speak to her about it and repeat the dangers of ripping off her enhancements. Thankyou again, Jo.xx

Jo, there's always the odd one that tries it on!
I always tell clients whilst performing the service about care & maintenance, as I'm sure you do too. I do say, if they come off - then that's going to hurt! So be careful for the first 24hrs or so whilst they are still polymerizing(sp?).
Obviously, Mrs. X, you can carry on your normal duties like riding a bike, swimming etc. They don't float off whilst your taking a bath you know!

In other words, I let them know right from the beginning that they can't come and tell me they woke up one morning and there they were....gone! They know I will demand them back etc for lab testing!

If a client turns up with a nail gone awol I usually say something like -'Blimey, what have you done to that? I bet that hurt?' and they just then come out with how it really came to do a disappearing act - car door, making the beds, banged it whilst scrubbing the oven, left it in my hubby cheek when I punched his lights out!

I've been doing L&P for almost 5yrs and never have I had anyone say their nails burnt after a few days! Just think - Liar, liar, nails not on fire!!:lol:

don't worry, i had a lady that said they pinged of just like that, then the were so sore afterwards. my reply was oh dear what a shame, never mind. so you won't be coming for you rebalance then.lol:)
and the sad thing about it , is they have rehearsed the phonecall, and by the end of the call they believe that's what actually happened .thg:confused:

Just think - Liar, liar, nails not on fire!!:lol:

:lol::lol:

I agree with the general opinion here, your client picked them off, only difference is that she;s been a bit more inventive than your average client with her reasons for them coming off!!

Latest posts

Back