Quiet Time.........

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jen2k

Reaction score
Are other Salon's hitting a quiet period recently or is it just ours.... lol
Just started some new promotions before the hopeful "Xmas Rush" to try and bring in some new clients, holding a pamper evening this month as well, got our regulars etc but its quieter than usual and this month although good in one way to catch up with the odd bits of spring cleaning is now getting a bit boring :lol:

Just wondering if in general we've hit a quiet time of year? xxx

I had a quiet spell for the first 2 weeks of Oct....now....back to usual....busy busy busy.......

Same here. First 2 weeks of October were dire but the 2nd 2 weeks have been great. October is never a good month but it will pick up in the run up to xmas.

Hopefully so, everyone likes some promotions so hoping that will encourage some busy busy busy spells before the run up to xmas, the appointments are picking up from next week but still could be busier than we are... :) x

Hey im so glad I read this, I only set up self employed last november and went straight into the christmas rush, I have been so quiet over past couple weeks and I HATE it. I am going to start promoting all my christmas stuff now because now halloween etc out the way im sure it will be full steam ahead. XoX

we've been quiet the last two weeks so thinking its normal!
:) xx

ive been extremely quiet for the last 3 weeks... im taking note so next year il have an idea of when the quiet times are to prepare.....

Last edited:
Nope - I have been busy for all of October with a slight dip last week on half-term as a lot of my clients were having to entertain their children. I've even had a couple of days where I worked 9.00 till 8.00 non-stop.

For those who are traditionally quiet at this time of year, do you plan in advance to alleviate this by introducing new treatments, sending out newsletters, having a special offer/limited edition treatment or similar? This is what I've always done; I plan my promotions about traditionally quiet times in order that they don't end up being quiet!

the last 2 weeks have been quiet, as its half term here.

Half term always makes a big difference to us, as lots of our clients go away on holiday

Thankfully as most of my clients children go to private schools they are only off for a week!

we have been quiet for three weeks now but is picking up again. i have been busy girl though and been gettting some marketing done! roll on busy times, i dont like it when its not busy.

Am glad I posted up this thread now! Obviously its not good news that most places are in a quiet spell but least we know we're not alone! lol
The promotions are starting to pick up already, will be doin some more for xmas but have noticed an increase again, problem is I think in our line of work if you go through quiet patches you kind of start wondering why, but agree with the half term and now agree with halloween out of the way people will be heading towards xmas now, roll on the busy period, we'll all be moaning about being overworked!! haha Love it! :) xx

I've just been compiling my figures for October this year & suprisingly it's been my best month since I opened my new salon (14 months or so ago); just goes to show what a well timed promotion can do!

Am glad I posted up this thread now! Obviously its not good news that most places are in a quiet spell but least we know we're not alone! lol
The promotions are starting to pick up already, will be doin some more for xmas but have noticed an increase again, problem is I think in our line of work if you go through quiet patches you kind of start wondering why, but agree with the half term and now agree with halloween out of the way people will be heading towards xmas now, roll on the busy period, we'll all be moaning about being overworked!! haha Love it! :) xx

not just in the salon/beauty side every business will have a time/s during ther year which is quieter or busier then the norm. we have another business which is quiter during school holidays only.
thats why there is the january sale to get people to come as they know money will be tighter after xmas... just my opinion...

but xmas is coming now... :)

This November is the quietest i ever had. I'm doing some specials at the moment, will have more specials coming to Christmas. It was supposed to be the busiest week last week, I had since September , but I had to cancel all the clients because of a terrible flu I had.:cry:

Last edited:
I was chocca busy in October and this month is dead!!!! pleased im not the only one finding this

Latest posts

Back