Quit salon, no business.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petals

Reaction score
Well i finally cleared out my room today after a short spell renting a room in a hairdressers. It was hopeless. I would have one client booked in a day (only did 2 days) and sometimes they would cancel last minute. Was beginning to build up a few regulars, but it was just soooo quiet and i had to cover £60.00 rent a week. Thought this was quite high as it was a teeny room that was only big enough to fit a spray tan tent in! Have now decided to work from home. Do you think i have been a bit rash quitting? I just seemed to cover rent and no more, think i was under pricing my treatments. Has anyone else been in this situation where they've gone back to having a home salon. I seemed to get more business being mobile, but the salon in was working in was a way from my 'regular' area so clients didn't want to travel.:rolleyes: At a bit of a crossroads now. Please cheer me up!!xx:lol:

Hi, good luck with your mobile business ,
It's no use if you were not making the rent , you would probably have ended up in debt , :hug: x minky

Thanks Minky for your reply! Have a party booked tonight that didn't want to come to salon as it is in evening! :)

Hi Hun,
Just done a very similar thing. Read my blog.
Been sorting out my home salon all today, it will be ready for trading next week.
So much better for me, no rent to pay.
Best wishes for your new venture.
x x x :hug: x x x

I work from home and love it! My clients prefer the privacy with only one client around at a time they have your undivided attention with no noise or interruptions from other people moving around. They know my family now and my dog and feel comfortable.

You have made the right decision for you at this particular time. I feel that you will do well and you will be at least £60 a week better off!

Good luck :) xxx

I worked in a broom cupboard in a salon for a year lol

Business did pick up but im much more successful on my own with my own premises.....

Hope it all goes well, advertise, advertise xxx

Hi Hun,
Just done a very similar thing. Read my blog.
Been sorting out my home salon all today, it will be ready for trading next week.
So much better for me, no rent to pay.
Best wishes for your new venture.
x x x :hug: x x x
Oh that sounds exactly the same. I found the hairdressers were using my products when i wasn't in, and spray tanning each other. Cheek!:eek: Just put a 4x2 ad in local paper advertising home salon. Thanks for your best wishes! x

Lookes like it's going to be a good new start for you! Lots of luck in your new venture!!

Well i finally cleared out my room today after a short spell renting a room in a hairdressers. It was hopeless. I would have one client booked in a day (only did 2 days) and sometimes they would cancel last minute. Was beginning to build up a few regulars, but it was just soooo quiet and i had to cover £60.00 rent a week. Thought this was quite high as it was a teeny room that was only big enough to fit a spray tan tent in! Have now decided to work from home. Do you think i have been a bit rash quitting? I just seemed to cover rent and no more, think i was under pricing my treatments. Has anyone else been in this situation where they've gone back to having a home salon. I seemed to get more business being mobile, but the salon in was working in was a way from my 'regular' area so clients didn't want to travel.:rolleyes: At a bit of a crossroads now. Please cheer me up!!xx:lol:
Sometimes you just have to pick yourself up,dust yourself down and move on....remain positive:hug:

I am home based and mobile,and 75% of my work is nail related,and i absolutely love it.So i would say go for it,i had a high street salon for almost 5 years,however due to circumstances out of my control was forced to quit....you have no overheads,unless you use fuel,and product cost,so if you are flexible why not?....good luck:hug:

Latest posts

Back