r we ever satisfied????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jobo

Reaction score
i keep reading threads about body parts/body image/weight loss etc and decided to share a thing ot too with you
After 2 kids and breastfeeding i felt like a freak. I had excess skin on my tummy and stretch marks as well as none existent boobs. for years i winged to my hubby and got quite obsessed with plastic surgery programmes.
anyhow to cut a long story short i had breast implants and a mini tummy tuck. I am a realist and never expected to come out like i was before the kids and i must say that they did a good job. i still have some stretch marks on my tummy and a tiny bit of skin but when i wear clothes i no longer have that hanging basket belly so overall i was pleased. as for the boobs i was like dolly parton for 3 months due to the swelling but they are now a lovely large c small d and are full.BUT!!!!!!!!!!!! i now find myself thinking oh i wish i'd gone bigger or i wish that little bit wasn't still there and my question is why??I am truthful when i say that i am so happy with the results and i feel 100% better than before but i think no matter what we are never truly happy 100% and when my other half used to say he loved me the same etc i didn't beleive him. how ever he has put on a good 2 stone since we met 11years ago and i still love him the same!!!it doesn't matter to me.
why do we as women continually hate things about ourselves when at the end of the day we are fine as we are???:hug:

could it have anything to do with the increasingly stick thin celebrities we see in the glossies or just a hankering for our younger days, when we looked good in a bikini or tight t shirts and never gave it a second thought!!!!!

I have had 3 kids and am probably lucky in that I have zero stretch marks on my tummy...a few fine lines on my bum, but nothig that depresses me.

My boobs though is another matter....no massive stretch marks,but just empty sacks of skin....I breast fed all my babes...so obviously has a bearing.

If I had the money I would have breast implants, just to fill the saggy skin...maximum C cup to my now A cup with a padded bra lol I don't think I could go any bigger than that it wouldn't suit my frame...I'm a short ass!

jac extreme said:
could it have anything to do with the increasingly stick thin celebrities we see in the glossies or just a hankering for our younger days, when we looked good in a bikini or tight t shirts and never gave it a second thought!!!!!

I never looked good in a bikini....cossie girl with loads of lycra!

Cathie! said:
I have had 3 kids and am probably lucky in that I have zero stretch marks on my tummy...a few fine lines on my bum, but nothig that depresses me.

My boobs though is another matter....no massive stretch marks,but just empty sacks of skin....I breast fed all my babes...so obviously has a bearing.

If I had the money I would have breast implants, just to fill the saggy skin...maximum C cup to my now A cup with a padded bra lol I don't think I could go any bigger than that it wouldn't suit my frame...I'm a short ass!
same as me cathie, I have no stretch marks either but did breast feed, damn those midwives.

I have got loads of stretch marks and my once pert and lovely big boobs are now hanging!!!

Wouldn't have surgery though, no way, would rather spend the money on my husband and daughter!!

it is really hard to have a positive self image, i think we are very critical of our selves. but i try to remember that when i see someone who is a bit overweight or a bit saggy uptop, i dont think' look at that hideous worthless freak !'', so the chances are no one is thinking it about us either.
i was much more concerned about it when i was younger, but some one very close to me said that i should think of the blemishes as landmarks in my life that tell a story.

Everyone is so selfish and self absorbed anyway... they only care what people think of them :lol:

Nobody is looking past themselves in my opinion, so why worry about what you look like?

angel fingers said:
it is really hard to have a positive self image, i think we are very critical of our selves. but i try to remember that when i see someone who is a bit overweight or a bit saggy uptop, i dont think' look at that hideous worthless freak !'', so the chances are no one is thinking it about us either.
i was much more concerned about it when i was younger, but some one very close to me said that i should think of the blemishes as landmarks in my life that tell a story.
my hubby always calls my marks my motherhood map ahhhh wheres his fatherhood map then!!!

CadenceAlex said:
Everyone is so selfish and self absorbed anyway... they only care what people think of them :lol:

Nobody is looking past themselves in my opinion, so why worry about what you look like?
I have to strongly disagree with that statement..... I had a breast reduction 7 years ago and i can tell you being self absorbed and selfish had nothing to do with it whatsoever.

the psychological effects of not being happy with your body, or being in discomfort because of a part of your body plays a much bigger role than vanity.

if anyone is unhappy with a part of their body the effects go much deeper than vanity, it affects their whole life, their way of thinking, and more often than not is a cause of depression.

why the heck not have plastic surgery if it makes people feel better about themselves, not only physically but mentally too?

ValencianNails said:
I have to strongly disagree with that statement..... I had a breast reduction 7 years ago and i can tell you being self absorbed and selfish had nothing to do with it whatsoever.

the psychological effects of not being happy with your body, or being in discomfort because of a part of your body plays a much bigger role than vanity.

if anyone is unhappy with a part of their body the effects go much deeper than vanity, it affects their whole life, their way of thinking, and more often than not is a cause of depression.

why the heck not have plastic surgery if it makes people feel better about themselves, not only physically but mentally too?

Noooo I don't disagree with people having surgery to make themselves feel better... its like being unhappy when you are overweight.. I understand that, what I mean is... nobody is really looking you at you when you're out and about because they are more concerned about what THEY look like and what others think of THEM. This is what I mean by self absorbed - I am forever telling my extremely self conscious sister not to worry about what she is wearing...

Personally though, I wouldn't have the surgery done - I'd love my boobs to be how they used to be, but am frightened of having anaesthetic and am really not that bothered. I sympathise with people who genuinly do despair with their bodies - it can become obsessional and really make them unhappy.

ValencianNails said:

i do so agree with you

Wow...this is a cheery little thread for this time on a Friday night!! NOT!....

Yes I am body conscious....but hopefully not obsessive...I am off on holiday in a weeks time and yet again I have not managed to lose that half a stone that would make me perfect:rolleyes: .....Yes I have thought about ditching the bikinis and taking the lycra cossie.....but hey I am just going for it and hope my magnificent boobs will distract attention away from my not so toned tummy....Do men really look anywhere else anyway?

I have to join in .....I think we as humans look at eachother and ourselves and compare.....man or woman . I found flaws with my body when I was 18 and perky before kids......now I'm the mother of 3 grown kids ...tell you what I love my body now !!.....I'm not perfect but I've grown to love me ....it's the only body(flaws and all)I got..... might as well be comfortable in my skin:)

jobo said:
i keep reading threads about body parts/body image/weight loss etc and decided to share a thing ot too with you
After 2 kids and breastfeeding i felt like a freak. I had excess skin on my tummy and stretch marks as well as none existent boobs. for years i winged to my hubby and got quite obsessed with plastic surgery programmes.
anyhow to cut a long story short i had breast implants and a mini tummy tuck. I am a realist and never expected to come out like i was before the kids and i must say that they did a good job. i still have some stretch marks on my tummy and a tiny bit of skin but when i wear clothes i no longer have that hanging basket belly so overall i was pleased. as for the boobs i was like dolly parton for 3 months due to the swelling but they are now a lovely large c small d and are full.BUT!!!!!!!!!!!! i now find myself thinking oh i wish i'd gone bigger or i wish that little bit wasn't still there and my question is why??I am truthful when i say that i am so happy with the results and i feel 100% better than before but i think no matter what we are never truly happy 100% and when my other half used to say he loved me the same etc i didn't beleive him. how ever he has put on a good 2 stone since we met 11years ago and i still love him the same!!!it doesn't matter to me.
why do we as women continually hate things about ourselves when at the end of the day we are fine as we are???:hug:

Hey, well done you, for making such a big decision about doing something drastic about your appearance! :hug: It all went well for you and you are happy....

I dont know about anyone else, but I personally find that the way I look affects my self confidence. I always try to look my best; I dont do it for people, I do it for ME. I also try as much as possible to maintain my body weight; a bit of a struggle these days, as everything is droopy:eek: If I had the money I'd definitley have them all tightened.:)

The now and then compliment 'oh you look lovely' does a world of good for me.

There are some people who say they dont care about how they look etc, but deep down inside, maybe they do?!

jac extreme said:
i agree Jac its the paper n mags fault they think everyone should be the same and what makes me laff is one day there saying "posh looks great" and the next its OMG! " posh is far too skinny " and charlotte church pulling her to bits because shes got curves i mean how dare they women are ment to have curves i think she looks great!!!! they want to make there minds up xx

Latest posts

Back