Raccoon Hair Extensions.....?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jen2k

Reaction score
Hey all! :)

Was just wondering if anyone knows a good supplier that sells raccoon pre bonded extensions?
Have scouted everywhere and usually use remy or balmain (balmain not so much but if its asked for specifically then i will) but i have a client that has requested racoon and its proving a bit of a mission to get hold of at the moment?

Any help would be great thank you :) xxxxxxx

Hiya Jenn,

Racoon only do loose bulk hair or wefts and so if you wanted it prebonded you would have to prebond it yourself.
I have noticed there is a seller on ebay having a clearout of Racoon hair from their salon maybe you may be lucky and the colours you want are there and who knows you may get a bargain. However beware Racoon do 2 different grades of human hair Euro (the top grade) and standard hair.
Hope this helps

Lucy

Hiya Lucy thank you for the advice it was much appreciated, i did wonder why it was so difficult to get hold of prebonded and obviously that is why! lol Thank you :) x

No probs Jenn i know how frustrating it can be to be trying to source something and coming up a blank so to speak.
Lucy:)

Clients often refer to "raccoon extensions". They do supply hair, but primarily it is the method of application that made them well known. It is a hot resin application method.I use it all the time. I use loose hair, snip the root end to make it blunt, add a small dob of resin and bond it to the hair using a latex pad. It is far quicker than pre-bonding.
Today I did a full head of 20 inch extentions in just over an hour using this method.

I sometimes do mine the way persianista does , I use banburys resin sticks and rolling pads
but I do find the pads quite fiddly critters, and the glue gets way too hot to roll with just bare fingers,

So a bonding product that I can roll with my bare fingers would be fab :)

It is a hot resin application method.
Today I did a full head of 20 inch extentions in just over an hour using this method.

Wow Persianista your fast i am jelous !!!!!:green:

I have been doing hair extensions for 22 years! If I hadn't got the hang of it by now, we would be in trouble.
The trick is to get perfect rythm, concentrate, and make every movement count.

Can't wait til i can get the right rhythm and do a head in just over an hour!!! I'm down to 3 hours now!! whoop whoop!!

As Dory would say " just keep swimming just keep swimming just keep swimming!"
Practise does definately make perfect !:lol:

I sometimes do mine the way persianista does , I use banburys resin sticks and rolling pads
but I do find the pads quite fiddly critters, and the glue gets way too hot to roll with just bare fingers,

So a bonding product that I can roll with my bare fingers would be fab :)

I punch a hole in the corner of my pads and have one attached to a lanyard around my neck. :wink2:

I like the idea of punching a hole in the rolling pad, I am trying to find something that I can use when fitting micro rings so that I dont have to keep putting the clamping tool down. I have been looking at trying to fit something round my waist with a pocket or something so that I have easy reach of it.

I like the idea of punching a hole in the rolling pad, I am trying to find something that I can use when fitting micro rings so that I dont have to keep putting the clamping tool down. I have been looking at trying to fit something round my waist with a pocket or something so that I have easy reach of it.

Hi Lancashirelass

I use a a bag similar to thishttp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KODO-HAIRDRESSERS-Micro-tool-kit-holder-bag-Pink_W0QQitemZ250550150271QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Salon_Equipment?hash=item3a55f3e47f

its not quite the same I was given it by someone it makes a huge different just putting combs and clips in it when I am doing pre bonded cut at least 30 mins off my time as I wasnt looking for stuff all the time

Good luck with your search hope you find what you looking for

Deb
:)

Attach a ring to your clamping too and sling it round your neck!
I've done that with my removal pliers.

Take a keyring and thread a small cable tie through - attach to the arm of the pliers, tighten and snip off excess - lanyards are about £1 on ebay and long enough to reach around your client and still be at hand.

I should market these! :lol:

I punch a hole in the corner of my pads and have one attached to a lanyard around my neck. :wink2:

Hi Tammy I like this idea too , it will save me from sticking them on my forehead :lol: :lol: as I am always losing things
They say necessity is the mother of invention

I love it when we all share these type of tips :)

thanks Tammy :hug:

Hey everyone

I've had racoon hair extentions in for 4 weeks and for the last 2 weeks tey have bin falling out and the glue is crumbling im gutted cuz they cost £1000. I went back to salon and they said its water damage and i have to get some more put back in but will cost me another £300 and thats for only half head. Does anyone no if this is normal in hair extentions and can u give me advice on wat to do......

Hey everyone

I've had racoon hair extentions in for 4 weeks and for the last 2 weeks tey have bin falling out and the glue is crumbling im gutted cuz they cost £1000. I went back to salon and they said its water damage and i have to get some more put back in but will cost me another £300 and thats for only half head. Does anyone no if this is normal in hair extentions and can u give me advice on wat to do......

Hi helen , I dont think there was much else you could have used to shampoo your hair with other than water :eek:
Balmian bonds are totally water resistant and nothing will budge those babies ....also most bonds are waterproof and should last for around 12 weeks
with the exception of around 5 to 12 bonds coming loose at this in between stage (which is normal for some bonding adhesives ) plus most salons will put any loose ones or fallen ones back in for free at the maintenence session,
So if you have followed all thier maintenance programme for shampooing and blow drying it all properly as recommended .... then I would think the fault lies with the adhesive and the installation,
I personally would not wanting to be paying more money out if it was their fault ,
as I said .... If you have followed everything correctly then this isnt usual and it doesn't sound like its your fault .... therefore I would be wanting them to put it all back in free of charge , and just pay for your usual maintenance,
let us know how you get on, hth :) minky

If you have kept the hair that has fallen out then surely the salon can just replace these ones at your usual maintaince session, which if they are 4 weeks old should be very soon anyhow. You will have to pay the normal fee for maintaince but no more than that.

I use raccoon method, and the resin should not crumble after such a short time. Make sure you are using protein free products to wash your hair.

After such a short time, I would redo free of charge. I expect my bonds to last 3 months minimum.

Water damage occurs when the bonds are not applied correctly in the first place!

The bond should be made tight enough, particularly at the top so that water cannot get in.

Latest posts

Back