Re: spray tan - tantrick disaster

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alisondenn

Reaction score
Had a nightmare of client today. She wanted a spray tan, arrived 30 mins late for a start, and full of make-up. I said she needed to remove her make up before i could start, but refused and wanted me to spray tan on top. Anyway she said she had exfoliated and was not wearing any body lotion. On close examination her back had patches of white skin although her base was quite brown. When questioned she said she had the california tan done last week, and as she had exfoliated i thought it may be that. The spray tan went well until i did insides of arms, the spray would not go in kept bouncing off as if she had a barrier cream on the insides of her arms, and also a patch just above her breast bone. I asked her if she had any perfume or body lotion on and she insisted not. Then she was getting annoyed saying it has never happened before and she needed to go straight out, and how could she go out like this. I replied quite calmly it too has never happened before, and maybe she had cream on or excessively sweaty in those areas. Has anybody experienced anything like this before. In the end i manually applied st tropez to the inside of the arms and it seemed to cover up the patches. Probably the wrong thing to do but i just wanted this girl out of my house.

ha ha, well, if she didn't want to take her make up off i would guess she did have something on her body too. don't worry about it too much hun, learn from it and in future ensure your client's take off their make up. i don't do fake tan myself but if i did i would insist on no make up as i wouldn't want to mess up my reputation when the tan came out crap.

It's hard not to worry when you want to do a good job.

She sounds clearly insane and couldn't have been too fussed about a perfect result or she would have listened to you :eek:

With high insight you should have told her as she was late you could only do half of her body and sprayed only the left side...lol

Yup I had someone recently and I could not get the tan to stay on her abdomen, it was a nightmare. In the end I turned th spray right down and just did it little by little. The lady then said maybe she hadn't exfoliated that area properly. I also think in this hot weather people are glowing (sweating lol!) a lot more and it is making spraying a bit harder.

bloody clients can be a nightmare....they will look you in the eye and clearly tell fibs!!!!

gotta love 'em!!

xx

I'm only spraying mobile at the moment and I'm finding the hot weather really tuff. I had a couple of clients trying funny things the other week. The first one I sprayed looked great after her first spray and said she loved it so went back the second time to spray the day before her holiday. Sprayed her, all was well went on great. She returned from her holiday the following sunday and on the Thursday she e-mailed me to say that if never come out and she felt I never applied any solution!!! Sent her a nice e-mail back trying to sort out the situation. She never e-mailed back. When I have told people they have all said that they think she was trying to get a free spray.
The second client I sprayed every thing went fine she went to get her money from a different room and her boyfriend told her that I had missed a bit on her neck. On close inspection I could not see any missed parts and even in a very bright bathroom light could not see any missed bits. Offered to set up and spray her neck again, she refused. I have learnt that some people do try to get freebies so try to be one step ahead and not to worry.

Latest posts

Back