reaction to eyelash perm

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

june1800

Reaction score
Hi last week i had an eyelash perm done it was our last day at college doin any work and i voluntered to be a guinea pig for a girl who just needed to have a perm assessed it all went fine but afterwards the top of my eyelids right at the base of my lashes felt like they where burning i told my tutor about this cos she has kindly volunteered me to be a guinea pig again for sum one who needs the perm and she says its ok if i was allergic then they would have swollen up. I feel obliged to do it again for this other lass but i really dont want to but i dont want to sound like a right cow.Do you think it was an allergic reaction? what are the symptoms and would piriton help if i do have to go through with it.

Hi June,welcome to salongeek, how does your eye feel now, if it is not swollen then you are not allergic, however, the contra actions for this treatment indicates that you will feel slight burning, but if the burning is uncomfortable bathe your eye immediately and don't have any more eye treatments for 24 to 48 hours or until you are sure that you do not have an allergic reaction to the treatment. Don't feel obligated to do treatments especially if the treatment will leave you feeling uncomfortable. I am sure that if you talk to your tutor she will understand. Hope this helps. :):hug:

Hi June,welcome to salongeek, how does your eye feel now, if it is not swollen then you are not allergic, however, the contra actions for this treatment indicates that you will feel slight burning, but if the burning is uncomfortable bathe your eye immediately and don't have any more eye treatments for 24 to 48 hours or until you are sure that you do not have an allergic reaction to the treatment. Don't feel obligated to do treatments especially if the treatment will leave you feeling uncomfortable. I am sure that if you talk to your tutor she will understand. Hope this helps. :):hug:

totally agree - if i were a guinee pig and this happened to me, id certainly not allow it to be done again, to go thro the same discomfort

Hi , did you have a skin test b4 hand because you should of and if not then that is the fault of the tutor, and it would of shown then and not been as serious. Just monitor how it goes as it is a contraindication and dont have any more treatments till you know what it is :) xx

Even if you are a student you should have still had a skin patch test done

Firstly, I'm surprised if you didnt have a patch test? especially at college? So if you do have the treatment again, mention that you want a patch test done before

and secondly, If your eyes are burning after, this must indicate that its not good? burning happens as a way of your body warning you somethings not right, if it was me, i wouldn't have it again, especially as you're not even choosing to have the treatment done for yourself, maybe im over cautious, but defo get a patch test xxx

Hi there

Also the age of the product can cause problems.

Deb379

Hi thank you all for the responses i have had a patch test done it was a few months earlier though and at that time there was no reaction noted.i have had a similar problem with my hair i have had i dyed for years then out of the blue i had a rection and i burnt my scalp the patch test for my eyes was done after this because i was trying to be extra careful especially with it bein my eyes.I feel like i have been put in an awful position because the lass who is doing the perm on me fell out with everyone last week so nobody else will let her touch them and i feel awful because this one last treatment is the difference between her passing and failing and i hate the thought that it has been put on me.I tried explaining to my tutor that i wasnt happy about it but she kind of rubbished what i was saying has she also knows the situation with the girl so i am stuck between a rock and a very hard place

june

I was taught at college that you shouldn't perm again for around six weeks as the hair has been weakened by the perming process. So you could always use this as an excuse!

Surely this girl must have friends or family that she could use as a model? I'm really surprised by your tutor's reaction, just because your eyelids didn't swell up doesn't mean you didn't have a painful contra action. Burning ain't good!

Good luck and stand your ground. You shouldn't be made to do something you're not happy with.

I wouldnt do it, imagine if you did have a bad reaction, is it really worth the risk? as much as the other student might need you, how much does she care about you as you care about her passing her course? its not your fault shes fallen out with the rest of the group, the tutor should sort it out and ensure someone else is used as a model and not you, think of number 1, everybody else does! Dont feel bad, eyes are important, you only have one set! xxx

Hi thank you all for your advice today i plucked up the courage to tell her i couldnt do it for her and she has managed to talk someone else into being a guinea pig so i got out of it thankfully
june

Latest posts

Back