Reaction to shampoo or conditioner??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarahh <3

Reaction score
I have a client in on my day of working in the college salon, i washed her hair the week she changed her meds. (She gets her hair washed once a week as she cannot wash it herself it home.) The week after one of my friends did it instead and she had told her that she had had a reaction she thought it was because i didnt wash the conditioner out properly (which i did i always doube check). So the following week she comes in again and ive got her. She explains the symtoms to me and i have a look and its got flaky bits in it around the root and scalp area. and her scalp is red raw, (if i hadnt washed the conditioner out two weeks prior too it, it would have been washed out on her next visit with the other girl) Does it sound like and allergic reaction to you? Or do you think it has got something to do with her meds, so if this is confusiing, i will clarify anything thats confused you xx

difficult to say without seeing the clients scalp, did you not show your tutors? could be any number of things - psoriasis? If its still the same next week she should probably see a doctor about it especially if it is sore or itchy.

Probably her own health problems. Conditioner left in would make the blow dry flop and the hair feel gungy, but wouldnt hurt her scalp.

A white "bloom" on the scalp with red, sore skin underneath is a sympton of further health issues, and not something a hairdresser should either deal with, or take a guess at.

thanks for the replys, i have her again tomorrow, all i did was put sensitive scalp lotion on her scalp and she said that soothed it, i will advise her to see the doctor thogu thank you xx

Yep, get her to check side effects of her meds and talk to her doctor.

Latest posts

Back