Reading, a dying hobby?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We were the same read to them every night but they don't read now but then I would say not in the conventional way I often say about such and such and they will say oh yeah I read about that on the net.

My mum has always been a big reader, I was never really interested in reading, struggled at school even, in as much as I could read no problem but it bored me, so didn't make much effort to read at home. I hit 17 however and just simply fell in love with reading thanks to my Mum sharing some of her books with me.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Loved the magic faraway tree! Was trying to get them for my daughter, but apparently they have been 'modernised' which puts me off.

I also loved the noddy books, but couldn't find those either. ..

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes they have!
The original ones of my mums are so old and battered but I kinda love it! X

As a result of this thread I asked my step dad about my old books, turns out he has been saving them for me! So now I have all the original noddy books plus magic faraway tree, amelia jane, and malory towers to share with my daughter.

Very, very happy right now!

As a result of this thread I asked my step dad about my old books, turns out he has been saving them for me! So now I have all the original noddy books plus magic faraway tree, amelia jane, and malory towers to share with my daughter.

I have some of the original Noddy books too. I think some are over 40 years old.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
Thats fantastic can't wait to dig mine out from home!

Hurray!! X

Latest posts

Back