Real Fed Up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well guys i did it! i went in and got all my stuff and the owner just stood in the back room till i had gone, i didnt say anything to her just left my rent on the table and left. After i had gone ive been told she said some really nasty and personal things about me and tried to make out she didnt know why i had just left.

People can be so hurtful but hey i feel like a weight has been lifted and am looking forward to getting my own place when a suitable one comes up!

THANKS GUYS XXX:hug:

:hug: Chin up babe, onwards and upwards and all that, things will come together, you did the right thing!:hug:

Thanks Sharron x

Things happen for a reason and maybe this was your time to go it alone good luck sweetie x

It won't take the salon owner long to figure out what a big mistake she has made! No rental income from you and very doubtful she will be making anything from her daughter after a one day course, even when she does start charging, it won't be very high.

All those lost nail clients, which in turn will probably effect her income from the other aspects of the salon. As Sassy said "What goes around, comes around".

Maybe she will learn to treat people more kindly and fairly in future.

Good luck Rach!

good luck rachel, things do happen for a reason, the clients wont be happy with the new techs work like yours. get in touch with all all your clients and offer mobile..those who dont want your service arent worth your time. onwards and upwards mate.xxx

You did the right thing chick, her business will suffer as a result. After one days training and going straight to work on clients how much you want to bet she does damage to someones nails, it would serve her right for someone to sue the salon, Sassy is right what goes around comes around and I say double.

How about opening your own nail salon on her stretch of pavement that would wipe the smile off her face.

Don't let it get you down, something far better will come along.

Good luck.

Hi Rachel

You did the right thing you know! It's already been said - things do happen for a reason and what goes around comes around.. . ...their comeuppance will be delivered (especially if us geeks have our way!)

Don't think you have been taken for a mug or a fool or anything else negative. Stay positive - it was you who built up the custmer base and your own reputation (and probably some of the salons too!) contact every single one of your customers and let them know you are no longer at the salon and offer them a mobile service if you can till you find somewhere else - they will stay with you - and them that don't - well they are the ones losing out.. ..

Go for it.. .:hug:

Love Scooby x

as i said in my earlier post, its a crappy thing to do to you.:irked:

but thinking on, its also a rotten thing to do to her daughter. give her one days training and then expect her to be a salon tech. now that just isnt fair.:irked:

Now my Lovely don't you worry about a thing!! Something similar happened to me, I was renting a space in shop and the guy who owned it (rented it) saw how well I was doing and wanted more money, just like you I thought business is business so agreed to a 5% rise, he was still not happy with this and in the end wanted 40% and I buy all my own products or 50% and he would buy them for me, huh what a cheek especially seeing as he knew nothing about my profession and was a body piercer!!!! (Cheap C**P aswell I might add!!) Anyway I thought on ya bike mate, got my stuff and walked out sent letters to all my clients explaining the situation and that i would from now on be mobile. (after all they came to the shop for me to do a lovely set of nails not see him!!!!) That was 4 years ago!! and here I am with a successful business and over 100 clients on my books at present. When things seem bad there is always a silver lining, look you don't owe these people anything they have showed no loyalty to you what so ever. I felt down when this happened to me but it turned out to be the best thing that could've possibly happened! And as far as this girl doin a 1 day course HUH, whatever!! Your clients will soon come back moaning when they have all fallen off after 2 days. Have courage my friend and things will work out!!!

Thanks for all the support and ideas from you guys following my recent probs, I dunno what id do without ya all :hug: :hug: :hug: x

Rach x

Awww hun that is not good at all, really feel for you! If I was you I'd make sure I could get as many of my clients as I could, take them with me and do mobile! As the longer it's left the more clients they will nick off you, but then saying that I bet the quality of your nails are better than the newly trained girls nails, so they may prefer you anyway! :hug: xx

well guys i did it! i went in and got all my stuff and the owner just stood in the back room till i had gone, i didnt say anything to her just left my rent on the table and left. After i had gone ive been told she said some really nasty and personal things about me and tried to make out she didnt know why i had just left.

People can be so hurtful but hey i feel like a weight has been lifted and am looking forward to getting my own place when a suitable one comes up!

THANKS GUYS XXX:hug:

Soz just read back a page after posting and seen that you left the salon! Good on ya! When I was at a salon that treated me bad, they also tried the personal attacks on me too, very bitter people!

Gosh this makes my blood boil!

Send your client list a letter (be subtle about the fact that this hairdresser is doing you over)
...be mobile for now?

Now you are mobile why not put an ad in the local paper telling of your new services with a nice little piccie of you. That way all your clients will knowwhere to find you before they have to rebook at your old salon.

Offer s special for the month and your clients will come flooding back to you.

Good luck babes

Would be out of the door as soon I had let my clients know that you are leaving and where to contact you for their next appointment.
xxxx:hug:

Latest posts

Back