Real Fed Up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachp

Reaction score
Ive been renting a space now in a beauty salon for over 6 months, they didnt want to do nails and were happy when i approached them. i took my client base to them and lots have used the salon too. ive got really busy and through recommendation mostly ive been doing really well, as a result my rent was put up more than double, but hey business is business i thought so i just carried on.

Latest is they have sent one of the beauticians on nail course for 1 day!! - and using a drill, and now they are telling all new customers that they will do their nails for free and so im losing out big time, nothing was said to me about this i heard from another person who works there who has been told to book all new people in with the newly trained girl. one customer even pointed to my creative poster and said she wanted her nails like those in the pic (solar oil pic).

Needless to say im really hacked off, ive worked really hard with all my training and customer service now im being pushed out and risk my reputation too.

sorry just needed to moan to you guys

Ive been renting a space now in a beauty salon for over 6 months, they didnt want to do nails and were happy when i approached them. i took my client base to them and lots have used the salon too. ive got really busy and through recommendation mostly ive been doing really well, as a result my rent was put up more than double, but hey business is business i thought so i just carried on.

Latest is they have sent one of the beauticians on nail course for 1 day!! - and using a drill, and now they are telling all new customers that they will do their nails for free and so im losing out big time, nothing was said to me about this i heard from another person who works there who has been told to book all new people in with the newly trained girl. one customer even pointed to my creative poster and said she wanted her nails like those in the pic (solar oil pic).

Needless to say im really hacked off, ive worked really hard with all my training and customer service now im being pushed out and risk my reputation too.

sorry just needed to moan to you guys

Have you told the salon owners how you feel - i would want some answers from them if I was you. Have they trained in the same company that you are using or different products?

If you have your clients addresses send them all a letter explaining that you are going mobile or to another salon along with your mobile no - I am sure they will all come back soon - I mean surley the standard of this other techs nails will not be as good only after 1 days training

Hi
That is so bang out of order.
I would cut my loses and rent another place taking your faithful customers with you.
Anna aka Tiakayla:hug:

its the salon owners daughter who is doing the nails, no im creative trained she is using young nails, i just dont feel its very fair when im paying all that rent and she is getting money whilst also getting all the new business.

Oh gosh, so sorry to hear you are being treated like this. It sounds like they are trying to push you out and in a really under handed and unprofessional way. To be honest if it were me I wouldn't even bother asking, "why" and "what". They have shown you no curtesy so you owe them nothing. Do you have a contract?

Its time to go hun. Start the ball rolling- go mobile or set up at home.

I agree with andralex you have had quality training and they dont deserve you

yes ive got all my customers names etc, im looking for somewhere to rent but cant find anything as yet, im worried now that i will lose customers as i dont live in the town and people wont travel. the owner gave me daggars the other day cos she saw me giving out my business card to someone.

I would definately get out of there if I was you.

Why not go mobile until you have the right premises?

If you have your clients addresses send them all a letter explaining that you are going mobile or to another salon along with your mobile no - I am sure they will all come back soon - I mean surley the standard of this other techs nails will not be as good only after 1 days training

I totally agree.

If the salon has already sent an employee of to train in nails so they can get a piece of the action & told the receptionist to book in clients with their tech only, theres no way they are going to tell your clients the real reason you left or even where you've gone !

Er...but if you rent from her/him aren't you self employed?? You are well within your rights to hand out your business cards!

Put an ad in geekbay - and ask local hairdressers if they would consider a nail tec

Er...but if you rent from her/him aren't you self employed?? You are well within your rights to hand out your business cards!

i know! thats how hard faced they are, my husband said i should ask them for a percentage of all the treatments my customers have had with them. And she told me i was not to do manis and pedis when i was there as they do them which was fair enough but what are they doing now!

You need to get out of there as fast as you can, as well as stop giving them rent money asap - especially if all the bookings are being given to the other girl....:hug:

Nightmare they are not treating you very fairly.

I would try and speak to the owner but if you get no joy then make sure your client list is not left lying around and take your clients and leave. if need be do mobile for the time being until you get yourself some new premises.

Firstly I think they have treated you pretty poorly and you have every right to feel fed up. However waht goes around comes around.

Secondly, they may be offering nails for free, but are your clients going with her or sticking with you? We all know how our work is when we've just trained and it's not the best is it?! And a one day course is not going to arm her with much knowledge at all. Even if something is free people still want it to be fit for purpose. Therefore I think you will soon have people coming to you to sort out her inexperience, and if any of your clients abandonned you then they will see just how skilful you are and come running back to you.

Chin up hun.

I would be interested to know how they are going to cover themselves for Insurance purposes while doing nails if the girl has only had 1 days training AND she is going to use an electric file:eek: Is this the reason they are offering them free?????

That's terrible....I am looking for a tech and would never treat anyone like that.....just want their pound of flesh based on the back of your success......hope you can find somewhere that will treat you fairly.

And just another thought, considering they doubled your rent....they should have taken you on on a % if they really thought you were going to do well. for them...obviously a 2nd thought that nails were profitable...hence the new nail tech....was there anything in your agreement about that?

oh thanks all you guys i really felt alone in this now i feel much stronger thanks to your support and im going to go in there tomorrow and start packing up, you know how you just give people the benefit of the doubt sometimes but now i just feel like a flippin mug! i'll let you all how i get on xxxxxxxx:Kissing: :Kissing:

oh, you poor thing, what a rotten way to treat you.
i've been in a similar position myself, i'm such a soft touch that people sometimes take advantage.
like they say, everthing happens for a reason, perhaps something better is just around the corner.:hug:

Latest posts

Back