Really unhappy with my enhancements.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacqui

Reaction score
Hi,

I love doing enhancements and when i'm practising on my nail trainer, the outcome is pretty good.

However, when i do a full set on a client it all goes wrong, smiles are really sad, they are inconsistant and just downright awful. :grr:

I don't know what else to do, the more i'm practising the more i think i'm improving, then it all goes wrong.

i am now thinking about giving up in the new year.:cry:

Advice would be greatly received.

dont give up hun - we all go through this - i am probably still going through it to some extent.

i think the nail trainer is a great idea but there is nothing like practising on a real person as you also have to talk to them while you are doing their nails and this can create more pressure and stress on you.

maybe some one to one training would be good for you to iron out any problems... i had some recently with another (vvv experienced) tech and it did me the world of good.

you will get there in the end - i have been doing nails since 2002 (more on now than off) and i still have days when i feel like giving up.

have a read of some of the tutorials on here.... maybe post a pic or two for some advice, everyone is really helpful

hth

xxxxxxxxxxxx:hug: :hug: :hug:

Nail trainers are great but you can't beat practicing on the real thing, they move about of their own accord, and keep talking, which doesn't help you concerntrate. hang on in there, and find more humans to practice on. you should of seen my poor hubby when I was practicing, he had all types and more disasters than a little!!

Dont give up hun, just start practice in live and different hands:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

please don`t give up we`ve all been in your shoes thinking i`ll never get it right but it will come to you. lay off the trainer and get more practise with real hands and read through some threads on smile lines they`ll help you and remember even us more experienced geeks are always learning and always will be! :hug: :hug: hth

This might sound daunting but....next time you do a set take a piccy...put it on here...or send it privately to a geek who you think can help you best....this really is such a useful thing to do...it will help you loads...no-one is here to give negative comments, only positive guidence....it will do your confidence the world of good too as i bet they ain't half as bad as you think they are. xxxx

i have been practising with marie111 and peterpan.

They were fine after that now i'm all over the place again

just looked at your profile jacqui youv`e only been doing nails for 5 months give yourself a bit of credit, stand back and think rome wasn`t built in a day!
it was almost 12 months before i really did a set that i would say was good all even and crisp smile lines, try doing some on yourself see if that helps. do you think your confidence goes when your out on your own if so just think the person who`s having the nails done doesn`t know how to do them and you do think positive and you`ll succeed. :hug: :hug:

Dont give up I have had many a time when I fell like throwing my brush!!!! Then I think ok I will give it another go and it all goes ok dont give up hope and dont forget its stressy time dealing with Grimbo and everything x x x

the thing is i,ve got no problems when i use twilight or glimmer etc, it's only when i use white.

twylight and glimmer are slower setting than the white maybe thats the problem!:idea:

the thing is i,ve got no problems when i use twilight or glimmer etc, it's only when i use white.

What sort of problems are you having with the white honey?
Do you find it is how you feel when doing a client. By that I mean when you practice on a nail trainer you are automatically relaxed. No what I mean? lol

What sort of problems are you having with the white honey?
Do you find it is how you feel when doing a client. By that I mean when you practice on a nail trainer you are automatically relaxed. No what I mean? lol

Don't know really, i feel pretty relaxed when i start but then when i know it's not working out they seem to go haywire.

jacqui flower - ive told you ill do some 121 with ya chick - please dont give up, its still early days, so keep plugging away, and things will get better, i promise ya

Oh i think we all go through this when we are first starting out, there is more pressure when its on the real deal..ya know? also lol i have been adding glitter with my white lately and noticed it takes longer to set....great thing that is cos my smiles with just white have been shoddy lately lmao

Thanks girls,

i'll see how i get on over the xmas, then i'll be beating down Petepan's door for 121 in January.

Hopefully i will improve.

Keep plodding along mate, it will happen soon enough.

With me, I kept struggling along and then one day it all just magically made sense and everything fell into place. I've been doing them almost 4 years and I still have off days. x

Latest posts

Back