Rebalance question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vicky

Southern Geek
Reaction score
whilst at work today we were talking about on of the old nail tech's when one of the girls said that when she did a re-balance she took off the top layers of acrylic off with tip remover.....!

Does anyone else use this method?

vicky said:
whilst at work today we were talking about on of the old nail tech's when one of the girls said that when she did a re-balance she took off the top layers of acrylic off with tip remover.....!

Does anyone else use this method?
Never heard of this method so the answer is no, i dont!

I think if you think about this method long enough you will come to the right conclusions and stay away form this method of 'preparation.!! It is silly on more than one account.

1. dehydrates and ages the product.
2. overexposes the clients skin to solvent
3. takes more time and is less efficient

Can not see one positive thing in favour of doing it.

Its not a method that i would concider myself but because i'm quite new i was interested if anyone else used this strange method. Maybe no one uses this method on this site..!

geeg said:
I think if you think about this method long enough you will come to the right conclusions and stay away form this method of 'preparation.!! It is silly on more than one account.

1. dehydrates and ages the product.
2. overexposes the clients skin to solvent
3. takes more time and is less efficient

Can not see one positive thing in favour of doing it.

Would never do this personally for the same reasons Geeg has said. I don't see why fileing wouldn't be done, it doesn't take alot, except if your application is too thick. If you did use this method you would probably break down the product too much so when you put fresh L&P on it wouldn't be as strong a base.

Latest posts

Back