Rebalancing l&p glitter tips...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waxcetera

Reaction score
If you have purple l&p glitter tips and want to change the colour when rebalancing, is it possible? Would a white glitter cover whats left of the purple or would have to be another dark colour? I'm taking them down as thin as I can, but its not all going to go.

Do you normally soak off and put another set on? I'm guessing no, but not sure how much to thin out for the rebalance.

It's on myself btw.

Me personally would remove all of Z1 by clipping or filing it off and pop a form on and do yourself a new tip:)

I tend to do a base using sheer pink or clear regardless if people having coloured tips or full nails as when comes to being re-balanced I just file down to the pink or clear, iygwim as I think its such a shame to soak off a perfectly good set of nails.

HTH

ooh what a great tip, doing a clear base, will know for next time. Sculpt, on myself lol, wasn't' a great success last time ;)

Might go with a red glitter and hope it covers it. I didn't wanna take these off until I have enough free edge to fit white tips.

thanks x

As the other poster has said, it's always a good idea to use a thin base layer of clear or sheer pink before doing the glitters.
That's also a good thing to do if you are using coloured powders on the nail plate as they main stain & this will prevent the colour stain on the nail plate & also when you are removing colour on the nail plate, it acts as a barrier so you don't file into the natural nail.

If you are wanting to use a lighter colour glitter for your french, then it's best to file/carefully clip away zone 1 to where you want the new smile line, file in the smile line, apply zones 2&3 and file the smile line in again if needed, then apply your sculpting forms & do your zone 1 glitter. Then cap with clear & ensure you apply clear into the stress area too if needed.

If working over a NNO, then you can file down zone 1 thinly & re-apply the different glitter.

I have loads of clients wearing glitter french & I rarely soak & do a new set, on average, my clients tend to have a new set approx every 18 months or so. If it ain't broke - don't fix it :)

As for getting your nails long enough to wear white french - why dont you use an opaque powder & custom blend your nails by extending your nail bed with the opaques, that will give you a lovely natural look & the whites can be positioned better on the nail for design - you need to look at a 2/3rd pink & 1/3rd white ration for a more pleasing appearance.

I did them quite short this time, so if I take off the free edge, there won't be any. I just can't sculpt on my own fingers :( but having said that, I've only tried with white before, might be little easier with glitter esp as it doesn't set so fast.

thanks for your suggestions xxx

To avoid this problem, I always use clear/sheep pink as a thing base first and I sculpt it out as a platform.
I have found this helps in 2 ways....
1st it lets you change your free edge colour easily and 2nd, it gives you a nice shiny finish from under the free edge too.

Keep practicing your sculpting, you will get there.
I have only been sculpting my own for a couple of months now and I find it really easy and quicker now than using clear tips.

Good luck:)

can I just check what I think you're advising :D

Leave the tip on, but cut it back, leaving a tiny free edge and sculpt onto that? I struggle a lot, as I've normally no free edge on my nn to work with.

thanks x

Tried that, thought I'll do one first see how I get on, trimmed one ready to do tomorrow and managed the crack the darn thing all the way up the middle, aaarrgghh

well I only actually did one that way, managed to cover the other tips with red, but have to say, doing it that way, that was the best smile line I've ever had. Brilliant, thanks x

hi, i do alot of colour glitter tips. i always say if they want to change the colour it will be a soak off and new set. Much easier way then fiddly filing. xx

hi, i do alot of colour glitter tips. i always say if they want to change the colour it will be a soak off and new set. Much easier way then fiddly filing. xx

Yes but what about the natural nail, would it not be alot less hassle to just do thin layer of pure pink or clear before initial new set that way when it comes to re-balance regardless of colour you just take down to the pink or clear:):)

What about clients whom would like to change colours each month or so? I have a lady whom has an appointment every 2 weeks and she has glitter fade then all one colour then french or colour french with L&P she would go:eek::eek: if she had to get them soaked off every 2 weeks as firstly it would cost her £10 for removal and then £30 for new set, whereas this way she just pays she just pays for rebalance every 2 weeks, secondly I make sure the natural nail is kept as healthy as possible and by doing soak offs at every appointmentt well it is in my oppinion unnessecary, but hey thats just my opinion :hug:

xxx

I'll be following that in future, using a clear coat first :D I can't believe how well that sculpt went. I went slightly over on one side, but managed to bring it into line with the file.

I'm well chuffed with these :D

I took the kids into the pub for lunch this afternoon and everyone was oohing and aaahing, gave out 4 cards and took 1 booking ;)

I'll be following that in future, using a clear coat first :D I can't believe how well that sculpt went. I went slightly over on one side, but managed to bring it into line with the file.

I'm well chuffed with these :D

I took the kids into the pub for lunch this afternoon and everyone was oohing and aaahing, gave out 4 cards and took 1 booking ;)

Ahh good im glad did you sculpt a thin layer first using sheer colour or did you clip off z1 and sculpt a new free edge?

We live and learn new things each day its putting it into practise that actually makes us believe:hug::hug:

I clipped the free edge down, filed in the smile line, did z2 & 3 in purely pink masque (always use that, my nails are pants), then put on a form and did the ruby red slipper glitter tips. Then I capped the lot in clear.

On the tips that I left intact, I couldn't decide whether to cap just the glitter tip, or the lot, so I did a thinner than usual z2 & 3 and capped the lot with clear, making sure the apex was in with the clear. Wasnt sure which way round to do it, but it worked for me :D

When I sculpt (or try too) its always the sidewalls I have trouble with keeping them in line.

Latest posts

Back