Recommendations for French Polish set

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bourbonsbabe

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

We are currently doing manicure/pedicure at college at the moment and were asked to do a french polish last night. The polish we have been supplied with is rubbish and as a result the end article didn't look the best (though I'm sure my technique needs a vast amount of improvement also lol). I am looking to buy a slightly better french polish nail set and wondered if anybody could recommend a good one to use.

Thanks xx

Try essie marshmallow for the white and essie vanity fairest for the pink. It makes it soooo much easier as it is forgiving! The brush is also relatively small so works well on short nails and toes.

Last edited:
Base coat ... CND Stickey
White ... CND Point Blanc
Pink ... CND Beaux
Top Coat ... CND Super Shiney or Air Dry

Thanks for the recommendations...I'll give these a shot.

I had a little nosy through the CND catalogue last nigh actually and the products look lovely though I haven't ever used any. I am also looking at doing the CND training course once I have done my basic manicure/pedicure. The college offers Calgel but after doing a bit of reading on here it would appear that CND have a fab reputation so going to take the plunge!!

Thanks again for you help x:)

I can also recommend OPI Alpine white. Personally I think that the key to a good French Manicure, apart from technique, is that the polish needs to be of the right consistency with the right sized brush.

Base Coat: CND Stickey
Next: Essie's Cherry Pop over the entire nail
White Free Edge: Essie's Marshmallow (thanks, Weezie)!
Top Coat: CND's Air Dry

This is a great NATURAL look... Good luck!

Last edited:
Another alternative for OPI would be Brides Bouquet for white but it has to be passion over the top!

Sparitual do a fab white for french with a tiny brush perfect for the ends!

becki xxx

I am a fan of China Glaze White on White and Tie the Knot (pink with a shimmer) and OPI Brides Bouquet (white) and Have a Tempura Tantrum (pink/peach)

Latest posts

Back