Red carpet gel nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and this same parent company makes and owns artistic colour gloss....

i don't understand that at all..why not make and stand by 1 product...

Because they are making millions and millions by selling the formula/private labelling to many many many different brands. How on earth does anyone think all these gel polishes all came out within weeks of each other? Very clear if you think about it and now going straight to the consumer as well ... I'm going to marry Danny Haile in my next life .. clever man. :lol:

It's the same reason car makers (Ford/Lincoln Mercury), appliance manufacturers, etc. make several models, some of which are just re-branded versions of existing models. I don't think it's a matter of standing by the product but a matter of differentiation. Each one is a tub on its own bottom, and if it does not succeed, it does not take down the whole enterprise, just that product.

Each has its own image. OPI has done the same thing with GelColor and GelShine (although I don't know that they are dupes). Gelish is a pro brand, marketed and sold to nail professionals. It has a certain cachet based on that. Red Carpet is the consumer brand and is packaged and marketed for consumer needs. Finally Artistic Colour Gloss is the fashionistas' brand - it is fashion-forward and trendy.

It's all marketing and is about separating and distinguishing your products from other similar products. CND Shellac does it by calling it "power polish," OPI GelColor does it by connecting to their existing rnp, Gelish by its range. As professionals, it is our task to see past the hype and choose what works best for our clients and our business.

I would heart you NancySyd but I can't on the app! I agree. :)

Have seen them in my local sallys store but again it's not professional range as its been brought out for people to use at home, Not a good idea me thinks

Have seen them in my local sallys store but again it's not professional range as its been brought out for people to use at home, Not a good idea me thinks

Some see it as a threat to their business. Others see it as it really is ... no real threat and still others, like me, don't worry about it at all in my business but I personally would not support a company that is doing it. It speaks volumes about the 'culture' of a company at the top level. I as a professional support those who support ME as a professional.

u can buy shellac, gelish, ibd gel polish and the rest on ebay

u can buy shellac, gelish, ibd gel polish and the rest on ebay

THAT is no argument.

Anybody can buy anything if they try hard enough and go through the back door to buy illegally supplied products!! ... That is a hell of a difference to someone marketing their product to everyone under different names and guises.

The at home gel kits aren't a threat to us, same way as standard nail polish isn't a threat. Some people like doing their own nails and thankfully lots more like having a professional do them...the only thing I would say is that if I went to get my nails done and saw the range being used was something I could buy in Argos or wherever, well I would assume that the person using them was not very highly educated in their profession or have that much respect for it either.

From a business perspective obviously there's markets to be filled so if a company take advantage of that then I don't really see a problem with it, as long as there's a clear differential between ranges. Personally speaking I would rather stick with a company who supports the pro's BUT where profit and market saturation is king...there's some very clever business heads out there!
If you take no notice of hype and marketing and focus on what's a great range with excellent support, education and product development then that's good enough for me.

I don't look at it as a threat either, I just don't think the concept of the home kit being so readily available to non professionals.

i'm intrigued now

so gelish , RCM and ACG are all made by the same company - is that it or are there other brands under this umbrella?
And are they all the same product only packaged differently?

Am i right to believe CND, Young Nails& OPI make there own products and don't have versions of them in different packaging?
I think YN might be associated with Organic Nails Gel/L&P but i'm talking about gel polish/shellac

Are they the only ones or are there others?

:eek: wow mixed response,thank you for all your replies x

From what I understand, Organic nails is YN's line marketed to Mexico, or something along those lines.

i'm intrigued now

so gelish , RCM and ACG are all made by the same company - is that it or are there other brands under this umbrella?
And are they all the same product only packaged differently?

Am i right to believe CND, Young Nails& OPI make there own products and don't have versions of them in different packaging?
I think YN might be associated with Organic Nails Gel/L&P but i'm talking about gel polish/shellac

Are they the only ones or are there others?

It is generally believed that Gelish and RCM are complete dupes; they have the same colors and even the same swatches. ACG is the creation of Tom Bachik and has different colors than ACG and Gelish, and the formulation seems a bit different, but the lamps are dupes of Gelish. OPI makes GelColors for pros and GelShine for consumers and it is felt that they are dupes. Lomasi (another DIY gel system) is made by Young Nails, again, I don't know if they are dupes, but it is thought that they are. To my knowledge, CND does not make a consumer gel brand. I think it would inconsistent with their corporate mission as focused on nail professionals.

It is generally believed that Gelish and RCM are complete dupes; they have the same colors and even the same swatches. ACG is the creation of Tom Bachik and has different colors than ACG and Gelish, and the formulation seems a bit different, but the lamps are dupes of Gelish. OPI makes GelColors for pros and GelShine for consumers and it is felt that they are dupes. Lomasi (another DIY gel system) is made by Young Nails, again, I don't know if they are dupes, but it is thought that they are. To my knowledge, CND does not make a consumer gel brand. I think it would inconsistent with their corporate mission as focused on nail professionals.

I know YN have a customer gel system as I remember the uproar on their site last year from all the nail techs who use YN's maniq .

No-one was happy about it but it seems to have settled down since

Latest posts

Back