Red hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evaperk

Reaction score
Hi there I've popped over from nail geek to ask you guys some advice.
I have my 40th party next weekend and it's heroes and villains fancy dress, I'm going as Poison Ivy
220px-Poison_Ivy2.jpg

I have bought a wig but I look like a man in drag......

A little while ago I had a pink streak put in my bleach blonde hair at a Tony and Guy salon. It washed out within the week. Our nearest Tony and Guy is too far away for me to get to this week.

What I need to know is, is there a red dye that I could have put in that will only last a few washes, a couple of weeks at the most? If so which brand should I be looking at salons using? Or am I asking too much?

Could you not buy some clip in red hair extensions and perhaps some green ones too? I think that would look really good without having to go for a colour that probably wouldn't fade out completely though I'm not a hairdresser so really don't know.

picture.php

This is my hair usually, there's so much of it that I think I'd need to spend over £100 on clip ins for them to show!!

I think if you carefully spaced them out it wouldn't cost that much. Just those cheap bright reds and greens would look fab amongst your blonde.

My hairs black,naturally and I have had it coloured red before but it fades so quickly and I don't want to have peroxide used on it so now I just use a couple of flashes of red clip in extensions and get a nice result.

Just an idea,I'm sure a good hairdressing geek can give better advice but good luck.

do you just want one large streak or a number of streaks? you could use a directions or colour crazy to give the streaks but if your wanting them on your whole head itll be difficult to do it your self and it does wash out but does last a few weeks but might leave staining.. if you just want it for the night try a red spray and then itll just wash out x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

and as your hair is already bleached it would go bright red with a directions or colour crazy x

I'd like it all over red not streaks but don't want to be red forever or have to live with candyfloss colour hair for months.

Don't put a red colour on your hair it will stain so it's not worth it.

How bad is the wig. It's only for one night can't you get some one to trim it for you?

i think if you do it red you'll probably love it on the night but have it afterwards. The brightness will fade but you would have to bleach out the remaining colour out. Because your hair is so blonde any semi colour will stain it.

Glad you came on here to ask advice first.

Enjoy your night xx

Don't put a red colour on your hair it will stain so it's not worth it.

How bad is the wig. It's only for one night can't you get some one to trim it for you?

i think if you do it red you'll probably love it on the night but have it afterwards. The brightness will fade but you would have to bleach out the remaining colour out. Because your hair is so blonde any semi colour will stain it.

Glad you came on here to ask advice first.

Enjoy your night xx

yes what i was trying to say but you worded it so much better lol xx

Thank you everyone I'm going to do a patch test of spray colour then if all else fails wear the wig!

Latest posts

Back