Reflexology Training & Nail complementing Treatments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eyemunique

Reaction score
:)

Hi there

I own a really small salon in Penistone, South Yorkshire. I currently offer all things to do with nails, but I have been asked by several of my pedicure clients if I offer Reflexology.

I am just wondering if any of you guys can help me with what I need to do to get qualified in Reflexology?

I had been thinking of things to complement my nail treatments for a whicle, but because the salon isn't very big, I am limited to what I can offer. I'd thought of offering spray tan too, but I want more feedback on it from clients as my husband said he doesn't think people would be totally comfortable taking their clothes off in my salon because it is all windows at the front. I said that I would close the blinds and put a room divider across the door leading to my salon from my mini reception area.

Any treatment ideas would really help, my salon is just a little lock up shop.

Thanks

Natalie

Your local collage would be a good place to ask. You can get training in a weekend - but as this is quite an art (my sister does it) I would recommend doing a full course - do a search on the internet, all areas offer different things.
If your clients are asking, then there is a demand! alway best to listern to them. Spray tanning is very popular, if you can offer a secure private area!
Don't think i have actually added anything you didn't already know though!
Good Luck.

Jayne

Your local collage would be a good place to ask. You can get training in a weekend - but as this is quite an art (my sister does it) I would recommend doing a full course - do a search on the internet, all areas offer different things.
If your clients are asking, then there is a demand! alway best to listern to them. Spray tanning is very popular, if you can offer a secure private area!
Don't think i have actually added anything you didn't already know though!
Good Luck.

Jayne

Hi

Thanks for that.

I asked my local college, but they don't offer reflexology.

I did a search on the internet, but I can only find one place that offers it and they only offer it as a course of 125 hours and you have to go on the third Saturday of every month. I was hoping for something in the week.

Natalie

xx

Hiya,

I am a reflexologist and have thought for a while about combining reflexology with pedicures.

I actually did a pedicure course about 3 years but have struggled to come up with a combo treatment. to me the ultimate FOOT treatment would be reflexology with a foot soak, foot scrub, hard skin removal, cuticle work, file, buff and then reflexology, completed with a foot massage.

but, mention PEDICURE and everyone wants a french polish, so have never actually gone ahead with it.

Thanks for that.

I have found a centre in Worksop.

I have also found a VTCT course in Sheffield. Which one will be the better one to go for do you think?

x
having a VTCT is alway good grounding, if they are both on the guild website then you will be able to get insurance from either course. send off for info from both or speak to them, you will be able to decide who comes across as most professional (think i spelt that wrong!) I think it depends on what you want to get out of it. there is a very holistic approach, and then there is a very, whats the wording? sort of more technincal approach. Do you want to offer it as a seperate treatment, or just an add on to a pedicure? Do you want to look at more holistic treatments? if you go down this route you will get totally addicted to the holistic treatments!!
have you ever had the treatment? it's great if done by someone who really cares about what they do. Its also great if someone who is massaging your feet throws in a few movements... could go on and on - not sure if I am helping though...
Let me know how you get on.
Jayne

:)

Hi there

I own a really small salon in Penistone, South Yorkshire. I currently offer all things to do with nails, but I have been asked by several of my pedicure clients if I offer Reflexology.

I am just wondering if any of you guys can help me with what I need to do to get qualified in Reflexology?

I had been thinking of things to complement my nail treatments for a whicle, but because the salon isn't very big, I am limited to what I can offer. I'd thought of offering spray tan too, but I want more feedback on it from clients as my husband said he doesn't think people would be totally comfortable taking their clothes off in my salon because it is all windows at the front. I said that I would close the blinds and put a room divider across the door leading to my salon from my mini reception area.

Any treatment ideas would really help, my salon is just a little lock up shop.

Thanks

Natalie

Hi.

I am an advanced reflexologist . First you need an anatomy and physiology diploma to do reflexology.
Then it is one full year at college, and a further year for advanced practitiioner level.
Some colleges do allow you to do the anatomy & physiology course alongside the reflexology course, but personally i would reccommend doing a&p first then the reflexology othewise its difficult to understand about the body sytems unless you have covered it in a&p.
I did mine seperate and im glad that i did.

Its hard work and loads of case studies . I would never recommend taking any short courses.

Good luck

Elaine xx:hug:

Latest posts

Back