Rehydrating nails with Minx

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loulabelle

Reaction score
I have a client who has currently had her Minx on her toes for about 5 weeks. She would now like these taking off & new ones applying.

Once I've removed the old ones do I need to buff in some solar oil before applying the new? I'm wondering if I do this & then scrubfresh thoroughly will the Minx still adhere? But if I don't rehydrated the nails & just apply the Minx straight away won't her nails get too dehydrated?

Thanks

P.S she had her current Minx applied elsewhere so I don't know if she's been using solar oil but I will certainly be recommending a twice daily application after I've applied this set!

Can anyone help please?

Thanks

not 100% but i think remove and reapply without buffing in oil as you dont want oil on the surface as the minx wont adhere correctly. certainly apply solar after but i would be reluctant to use it first. not much help sorry! x

I wouldn't see a problem in applying Solar Oil before Minx (not something I would usually do but if the nails are dehydrated it would be OK)

You could apply the Solar Oil and buff with a 1200 grit (Koala buffer) or just apply the oil and rub into the nails.

Then Scrubfresh and apply your Minx as normal, making sure your client purchases a Solar Oil and uses same twice a day.

I don't think there is any point at all in putting solar oil on the nail and then dehydrating it - your just trying to get it back to the stage it was at in the first place.

Remove the wraps do your normal prep apply the new set of Minx and apply solar oil at the end. Then make sure the client is using solar oil twice daily- if she wasn't previously but starts now her nails should still be ok when you remove the new set in a few weeks as the application of solar oil daily will help to feed the nails.

I would only buff solar oil onto the nail to rehydrate it and help it look nice if I was removing and not replacing the Minx with any other product.

Thanks for the replies. Maybe I'll try it on myself first to see if it makes any difference or whether it affects the adhesion of the Minx before I attempt it on a client. Will def get her to use solar oil from now on

Latest posts

Back