removing debris from the nail plate

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lesley1978

Reaction score
what do you all use when you are prepping to remove any debris from the nail plate. I used to have a little flat ended tool which had a bit of a sharp edge on and this was used to scrape over the nail and get rid of anything, does the opposite end of the cuticle pusher do this? Sorry it's been a few years since I did nails and the tools have moved on a bit it would seem!

I use a chisel and a currette, but loads of people use a probe. Both the currette and the probe are available form Sweet Squared in their current catalogue, ring 0845 210 6060 for a copy - HTH

Hi Lesley,

I think if you have been away from the industry for around 10 years, you would probably save yourself a lot of grief by doing a refresher with Creative.

To remove debris from the nail plate during prep, I use a Koila Buffer from Creative - a lot more effective and kind to the nail than the opposite end of a cuticle pusher. All you really need to be doing is making sure there is no debris on the nail plate, dehydrating it and removing the shine.

I use a chisel and a currette, but loads of people use a probe. Both the currette and the probe are available form Sweet Squared in their current catalogue, ring 0845 210 6060 for a copy - HTH

I agree with Adele, the currette and the probe in particular are fab tools. I wouldn't be without my probe.

I use a probe and a pushie, both from Sweet Squared.

I usually slick on some cuticle softener, then use a scalpel-shaped cuticle pusher to just lightly scrape debris off, then I use a boomerang file to gently get rid of shine, then I get to work with the dehydrator, tips, etc etc

i use an opi pusher plus,one tool that does it all,amazing. x

Latest posts

Back