Removing enhancements for an op?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wendyrose said:
thanks everyone...i think ill remove my two index fingers and my toes...i liked ur idea sandi of havin someone come do them..lol, unfortunatly i dont know any techs in my area :cry:
Please please check. I've had some clients that have had to take them off, some that didn't, BUt I know one lady who they ripped them off while she was unconscious:irked: :irked: . We all know how hard it is to remove enhancements, so you can imagine how muc h damage this caused.:cry: :cry:
Good luck with your op:hug: :hug:

I had my gallbladder out on Tuesday. There was nothing on the information about not wearing polish etc. Have Shellac on fingers and they asked me to take the polish off my toes. I politely pointed out that they should have this info given at pre op screening and also in the paperwork. It's in neither.

As the OP said, it's the clip on thing for testing blood oxygenation that relies on the sensor being able to 'read' your finger. I've got 'Hollywood' on and not too thickly and it worked OK.

One of the other ladies on the ward was very taken with my lovely shellac nails, so she's going to come over in a week or two for an appointment.

I've been in hospital quite a few times for various things over the last three years and I have never taken off my BioSculpture gel nails or nail polish from toes.

The nurse ALWAYS tries to insist you take it off, I thank her kindly and say that I will chat to the anaethetist about it. The anaethetists are always absolutely fine with it.

I have quite a few doctors and nurses as clients who advise me that the thing they put on your finger can also be put on your ear.

Also with all the technology in theatre if looking at your finger or toe nails is one of the things keeping you alive it would be a bit worrying. That is my opinion and I have read and accepted all other statements regarding this point lol.

This is not offered as advice to the OP but just as another experience.

Jacqui xx

Really informative!:Love:

I think I'd just take them off!! You'll be stressed enough on the day of the op without having to go into discussion about whether you should be able to keep your nail colour or otherwise on your nails . . Good luck by the way for next week and I hope your op is for nothing too serious x

I think I'd just take them off!! You'll be stressed enough on the day of the op without having to go into discussion about whether you should be able to keep your nail colour or otherwise on your nails . . Good luck by the way for next week and I hope your op is for nothing too serious x

I ended up in hospital without having been told to remove, I had Shellac on fingers and polish on toes. I came home with a new customer, as one of the ladies on my ward wants Shellac and some other treatments doing!

Ok, don't bite my head off, but just take them off. Surely your health is more important than the look of your nails. Priorities ladies...priorities! You can always put them back after the op!

I had a chat with various people at the hospital about this, as there was nothing said on pre-op visit ( I was there with Fedora on my hands) and nothing on the advice sheets given either. I suggested they might add it. It is the first time I've had an op, so didn't have any previous visits for prior knowledge. Another lady on my ward hadn't known either, as nothing had been said. Obviously if I'd known I'd have taken it off.

Latest posts

Back