Removing extensions & adding new!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
for what you did i think i would be charging around £80 and even then there wouldnt be much profit to make it worth while and i cant see how young girls let alone adults would be able to afford this??

Well, I charge £15 for removal, then £30 for Extensions, £15 for Gelish Art. So £60 total. People forget, I live in a small town, so prices here are not as expensive as cities and big towns.

She is around 21 and works. You know what the younger ones are like for nails, clothes etc. They will spend the money if they need too!

don't be mad.. :biggrin: people are trying to help. It's hard to know on a forum what level of expertise anyone is at so generally advise is given around the topic and questions are asked to ascertain what level you are at - I genuinely don't think this is mean't to be insulting but I can see how you might take it that way.

Remember as well that when others are giving advice it is not just for you but other techs/students reading the threads on here. People give their time + advice freely on here. It really is fantastic that you can get professional input so easily and at no cost. If you don't like the answers you are given then leave the thread alone.

People have answered your question as much as they can - I think no-one has given you a direct answer as to how long it would take them to do the treatment you described because it is not a treatment that they themselves would do and they have given you the reasons why.

There is a difference between an infill and a rebalance which I understand that you know, but it was not clear from the beginning (particularly posts 2+3) so I hope if you take a step back you will see why people were trying to be helpful and educate you and not be patronising.

infilled and rebalanced her nails, as she had them on for 6 to 7 weeks. The extensions itself was nearly gone. (just abit left on the ends) This is why she wanted new ones. Even though I advised for her to grow them out, and have another infill, as she had quite abit of growth. I don't know how many more times I had to say it lol

Okay....

I write a post asking if someone has took this long to remove nails and re-apply a new set. I didn't ask for anyone to want to know why I done this, or what I should have done. I am fully aware being as qualified as you, knowing what I should have done. I advised my client, and she wanted a new set. So I done them for her!

I doubt anyone here would have turned her away, just because she didn't want "rebalance" <---- also been told I say this wrong too, by saying infills >_> and yes, I know how to rebalance!!!!

You say...
if you plan on making a business out of doing enhancements you really can not avoid doing proper maintenance,

This is like saying, I am not doing my job properly. It really is patronising!
I rebalanced 3 times for her. With little extension left, she felt she wanted a new set. I am sorry, but yes, I do feel like I am being criticised here on how to do my job. If you can't simply just answer my original question without going off topic...

This is the problem with this forum...we are all qualified, I have seen many times people asking for help or just mentioning something, and someone comes into their thread fire all sorts of questions, making them feel quite small.
I am quite aware what a tip is there for.... etc etc etc.

I did say, I know what I should have done, I also said I advised her!!! She wanted new extensions and that is that. If she was willing to pay for it all, then I can't do more then advise her!
I am quite angry at the replies I got to be honest.

And breathe.........

I can appreciate where you're coming from, but from what I've read, no one is saying you do not know how to re balance, rather than it just seems a lot of work which may not be returning the appropriate income for the work performed.

Try to look at it as constructive criticism, which it is, the comments are only meant to help you, and have been given by those well established in the industry.

You mention all of us being qualified, which is true, but being qualified is totally different from being qualified and experienced, and it's this experience that is trying to be passed on to you.

Please don't take it as a personal attack, no one has meant it that way.

don't be mad.. :biggrin: people are trying to help. It's hard to know on a forum what level of expertise anyone is at so generally advise is given around the topic and questions are asked to ascertain what level you are at - I genuinely don't think this is mean't to be insulting but I can see how you might take it that way.

Remember as well that when others are giving advice it is not just for you but other techs/students reading the threads on here. People give their time + advice freely on here. It really is fantastic that you can get professional input so easily and at no cost. If you don't like the answers you are given then leave the thread alone.

People have answered your question as much as they can - I think no-one has given you a direct answer as to how long it would take them to do the treatment you described because it is not a treatment that they themselves would do and they have given you the reasons why.

There is a difference between an infill and a rebalance which I understand that you know, but it was not clear from the beginning (particularly posts 2+3) so I hope if you take a step back you will see why people were trying to be helpful and educate you and not be patronising.

Totally agree. Also - I think you've mentioned in earlier posts that you did your Brisa training only recently? So perhaps other geeks made the assumption that you were less experienced with the product than you posssibly are. I really don't think that the replies you got were patronising.

Can I just ask why you don't advise your client to have L&P rather than gel? Or if her nails aren't suitable then maybe a soak-off product would be better for her in the long run? And please don't assume that I'm being patronising - as a relative newby to enhancements I'm genuinely interested in your answer.:biggrin:

Totally agree. Also - I think you've mentioned in earlier posts that you did your Brisa training only recently? So perhaps other geeks made the assumption that you were less experienced with the product than you posssibly are. I really don't think that the replies you got were patronising.

Can I just ask why you don't advise your client to have L&P rather than gel? Or if her nails aren't suitable then maybe a soak-off product would be better for her in the long run? And please don't assume that I'm being patronising - as a relative newby to enhancements I'm genuinely interested in your answer.:biggrin:

I don't do L&P

Brisa is just a convert from one gel to another...it doesn't mean you are any less qualified in knowing what you do. <-- not mean't in a nasty way

I am a very hot headed person. If I think I am being made a fool of, I fire!!
I am a nail tech. But I am also human! I appreciate that experience plays a big part, and I do appreciate advise...always have on here and said so to other people in threads, that are more experienced in this industry, and gets my respect. But todays felt more patronising!! so I will argue my point. I felt like the question I originally asked was not answered, and this thread went way off topic. As I said... I infilled this clents extensions 3 times, because of growth. I rebalanced a couple of times, as apex needed re positioning.

Client did not want anymore infills, and so after I advised her...she went against my advice and wanted a new set. Even though, I knew what I did was right and did nothing wrong in my treatment, I now feel I have with replies I got, and it has made me feel a little down about my work, and I should have done different. When I know deep down, I couldn't of!

I think you need to take a break, put the kettle on, have a cuppa and just chill.

You say you are hot headed and you just "fire", and feel the replies to you are patronising.

If you are not open to constructive criticism then I do question why you post threads in the first instance. People will only go so far in trying to help and give their advice.

And no, I am not patronising you, if you decide to take it that way then it is your interpretation of it.

If you are not open to constructive criticism then I do question why you post threads in the first instance. People will only go so far in trying to help and give their advice.

The poor woman didn't ask for criticism though -she just merely asked about her timings if people thought her time was about right or should of been faster .

I think you need to take a break, put the kettle on, have a cuppa and just chill.

You say you are hot headed and you just "fire", and feel the replies to you are patronising.

And no, I am not patronising you, if you decide to take it that way then it is your interpretation of it.

No, but it sounds like you are now being sarcastic..

The poor woman didn't ask for criticism though -she just merely asked about her timings if people thought her time was about right or should of been faster .

Someone who finally understands...

Thank you!!

She is doing a treatment that the majority view on here is not economical...the timing of it being part of the issue so the 'advice' given relates directly to her question.

It is a matter of opinion if you take that to heart as criticism (constructive or not) or in the spirit it was intended or if you want to read something more into it.

I think the OP knows that the treatment time was excessive (and for only £60) - that was the reason for her post - in fact she received positive affirmation in her skills as no-one has told her that she took too long to carry out the service - rather they have given her options as to how she could achieve the same result quicker next time.

It really depends on your spin on things. If I was the OP I would take Christine Mary's advice and have a cup of tea!
:biggrin:

Okay...let me just say here!

I understand it, if I was asking advice... So was I in my original post at the beginning? No!

I asked about times. If I asked advice, I would happily take any, if it means I have to swallow any pride. The reply I got was nothing to do with what I asked, it was about why are you doing this and that.

No one had any right in telling me what I should have done. THIS is why I got hot headed, and at the time I feel I had every right to be. Now, I have calmed down abit, I did probably fire too much, but I still stand by what I said in alot of it. Answer my original question, or don't answer at all.

I do love it when some people on here stick together, no matter what the topic is about!

Lets just say, I will learn to keep my mouth shut, and not bother asking questions in future....and just help those who ask for help and advice

She is doing a treatment that the majority view on here is not economical...the timing of it being part of the issue so the 'advice' given relates directly to her question.

It is a matter of opinion if you take that to heart as criticism (constructive or not) or in the spirit it was intended or if you want to read something more into it.

I think the OP knows that the treatment time was excessive (and for only £60) - that was the reason for her post - in fact she received positive affirmation in her skills as no-one has told her that she took too long to carry out the service - rather they have given her options as to how she could achieve the same result quicker next time.

It really depends on your spin on things. If I was the OP I would take Christine Mary's advice and have a cup of tea!
:biggrin:

The quicker result being infills.... which my client didn't want. I admit the time I took was terrible, just wanted to know if anyone else did this, how long it would take them. Obviously no one has. Basically I had no choice to carry out what she wanted. Either that or refuse treatment. £60 doesn't seem alot to you guys, as some of you work in salons, own salons etc, and work in bigger towns, cities. If I charged the rates you do, I wouldn't get many clients...it is a case of trying to keep slightly under salon costs being mobile. But not by too much obviously!

Okay ... I'll see if I can help.

Firstly, yes I have removed a full set of Brisa and re-applied at the same appointment. It took me approx 20 mins to file off and then just short of 1hr 30 to apply the new set. No nail art was involved. HTH :hug:

As for removing a set which doesn't technically need it - New Nailz and I live in the same town, and I actually wonder if this is a 'local' thing. I say this because I have been doing nails for over 6 years, but not in this area until recently, and had never been asked for this before. However, I have clients here who almost demand it lol despite being correctly advised to the contrary by myself. They ask for it "because thats how it's always been done". I know of 2 salons in the town who recommend it. 2 or 3 rebalances and then removal and new set applied. This is what clients think is correct procedure.

I, like New Nailz, correctly advise that it isn't necessary but at the end of the day if the client insists and is willing to pay the extra then so be it. We can only persist in trying to educate the client - but you can lead a horse to water ... etc - you all know what I mean :)

Okay ... I'll see if I can help.

Firstly, yes I have removed a full set of Brisa and re-applied at the same appointment. It took me approx 20 mins to file off and then just short of 1hr 30 to apply the new set. No nail art was involved. HTH :hug:

As for removing a set which doesn't technically need it - New Nailz and I live in the same town, and I actually wonder if this is a 'local' thing. I say this because I have been doing nails for over 6 years, but not in this area until recently, and had never been asked for this before. However, I have clients here who almost demand it lol despite being correctly advised to the contrary by myself. They ask for it "because thats how it's always been done". I know of 2 salons in the town who recommend it. 2 or 3 rebalances and then removal and new set applied. This is what clients think is correct procedure.

I, like New Nailz, correctly advise that it isn't necessary but at the end of the day if the client insists and is willing to pay the extra then so be it. We can only persist in trying to educate the client - but you can lead a horse to water ... etc - you all know what I mean :)

Wish I was a fast as you, but I never did this before lastnight, if I am being honest. I just couldn't talk her into infills, she had quite a growth there. But no...she wanted a new set!

Thanks for your reply, and times. I just wanted to know if I just suck, and yes I do lol x

Wish I was a fast as you, but I never did this before lastnight, if I am being honest. I just couldn't talk her into infills, she had quite a growth there. But no...she wanted a new set!

Thanks for your reply, and times. I just wanted to know if I just suck, and yes I do lol x

You don't suck you just need to get confident with that file :wink2:

I hate doing a removal and reapplication, seems such a waste of my time...but if the client is paying lol

And I agree with what you said about pricing too. I found I can't charge nearly the same here as I was before, I've had to lower my prices as everyone in town in low.

I'm getting some good loyal clients now tho who are willing to listen to my advise and are seeing for themselves that what I say works :cool:

'2 or 3 rebalances and then removal and new set applied. This is what clients think is correct procedure.'

This is what I was taught...:| Glad i'm training with CND soon lol

You don't suck you just need to get confident with that file :wink2:

I hate doing a removal and reapplication, seems such a waste of my time...but if the client is paying lol

And I agree with what you said about pricing too. I found I can't charge nearly the same here as I was before, I've had to lower my prices as everyone in town in low.

I'm getting some good loyal clients now tho who are willing to listen to my advise and are seeing for themselves that what I say works :cool:

Yes, I went to London for the day, and out of curiosity looked at their prices.. around £40 to £50, I try and charge that here, they will laugh at me.

And yes, it is such a waste in product, but what the clients wants in my eyes, is down to them. Even after advise..we can only do so much :)

Have to add though, I think the main reason salons say rebalance up to 2 or 3 times, and put on a new set is because the products they use must yellow, and so they like to put fresh on. Glad I use Brisa

Latest posts

Back