Removing extensions & adding new!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
'2 or 3 rebalances and then removal and new set applied. This is what clients think is correct procedure.'

This is what I was taught...:| Glad i'm training with CND soon lol

You will love it Amy :D

I hope so :) Can't wait feel like I missed out so much on my course I done CIBTAC Nail Technician..

I hope so :) Can't wait feel like I missed out so much on my course I done CIBTAC Nail Technician..

let us know how you go. Would love to hear all about it and what you think!!

I do think your times are a bit off, and hour and 10 minutes to buff off Brisa seems a tad long...however if I was the client I would rather that you took your time and did it safely rather than file quickly and leave me with sore nails with hotspots lol!
So if I were you I wouldn't stress too much about the times, as once you have done this a few times you will have more confidence in your filing and your times will come down.

Regarding what the client wants....of course we advise...we are the experts aren't we ?
But a client wants what a client wants ;)

I have an L&P client who gets a new set then 3 weeks later a rebalance then 3 weeks later a soak off and new set :eek:
There is no need for this as the enhancements are still perfect and another rebalance will be fine.
However she does not like to see her own free edge, and has stated to me it is her money and she will spend it on what she wants...and that is a new set every 6 weeks.
It takes me 30 minutes to soak off and and hour and a half for the new set. I charge an extra £5 over my enhancement price for the soak off. Quite cheap...but she is a good and loyal client who recommends me, and buys retail products from me regularly, so I still do well.

We can adapt and adjust to suit our clients, it's called business !

We all like to help on here, and sometimes our views differ, but we do all learn something, and maybe this is time for a reminder that sometimes too much can be read in to the written word that is not meant. :Love:

I do think your times are a bit off, and hour and 10 minutes to buff off Brisa seems a tad long...however if I was the client I would rather that you took your time and did it safely rather than file quickly and leave me with sore nails with hotspots lol!
So if I were you I wouldn't stress too much about the times, as once you have done this a few times you will have more confidence in your filing and your times will come down.

Regarding what the client wants....of course we advise...we are the experts aren't we ?
But a client wants what a client wants ;)

I have an L&P client who gets a new set then 3 weeks later a rebalance then 3 weeks later a soak off and new set :eek:
There is no need for this as the enhancements are still perfect and another rebalance will be fine.
However she does not like to see her own free edge, and has stated to me it is her money and she will spend it on what she wants...and that is a new set every 6 weeks.
It takes me 30 minutes to soak off and and hour and a half for the new set. I charge an extra £5 over my enhancement price for the soak off. Quite cheap...but she is a good and loyal client who recommends me, and buys retail products from me regularly, so I still do well.

We can adapt and adjust to suit our clients, it's called business !

We all like to help on here, and sometimes our views differ, but we do all learn something, and maybe this is time for a reminder that sometimes too much can be read in to the written word that is not meant. :Love:

Yes, my timing needs practice. It is the first time I had to fully remove a set to then re-apply another. I do take more time, as I do worry about natural nails. With Gelish on top and art work, it took some to file off. I may aswell have soaked that off first then filed down the gel.

Maybe I read too much into it. But to me it didn't answer my original question, just questions to why I did that...which is why I got abit annoyed. But this goes to show, I ma not the only one that has had to do this treatment!

Thanks for the reply :D

Latest posts

Back