Removing OMG tan and amounts used! Help needed!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HanHan

Reaction score
Hey Geeks!

I use OMG and am generally happy with it but a lot of my customers have mentioned that they struggle to get the tan off once it is starting to fade...can anyone give me any advice on this?

Also, I feel that I am using too much to give a good coverage even though I have my gun low I still feel the need to do 2 coats...any tips??

Thanks!
HanHan

Microfibre cloths will remove tan. The ones you can buy from the cleaning section in most shops & supermarkets. Just wet it and ring out then rub over the area needing removal. No soap needed.

I got my boyfriend to tan me last Thur morning for a wedding I was attending on Sat morning and we used my fast tan solution. As he's only tanned me twice I knew I'd have to sort some areas out (turned out to be: knuckles, back of hands, wrists & ankles) the microfibre cloth worked a treat. With gentle circular motions it calmed the tan in areas there was too much tan and a little more rubbing totally removed the areas where I didn't want there to be any tan.

If you do use a microfibre cloth ensure when washing it not to use any fabric softner as apparently this stops it working.

Try lemon juice. I have also heard that putting washing up liquid in your bath works, but not tried this. HTH x

Hey Geeks!

I use OMG and am generally happy with it but a lot of my customers have mentioned that they struggle to get the tan off once it is starting to fade...can anyone give me any advice on this?

Also, I feel that I am using too much to give a good coverage even though I have my gun low I still feel the need to do 2 coats...any tips??

Thanks!
HanHan

Hi there I too use omg tan I've never had any problems with it, I was wondering why you spray twice? It is to get a darker colour if so why not just use a higher percentage instead of double spraying? This could be causing the removal issue as there maybe too much tan build up?

I always tell all of my clients to moisturise daily and exfoliate every 2-3 days till the tan has gone, this way there skin doesn't get dry which can make the tan go patchy as if wears off! Hth :) Sarah x

Thanks for the tips girls!!

No I'm not spraying twice for darkness as I know that doesn't make any difference but more for coverage as I'm still wary of missing areas.

What % do u use? Is the guide colour darker for higher percentages with OMG?

I could not even Wax it off ! Horrible stuff.

Latest posts

Back