Removing Sculpting Forms

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moosey

Reaction score
hello everyone, gonna have a go at sculpting in a bit and i was just wondering how to take them off when done as dont want to pull off nail lol. any advice would be welcome thanks guys xx

I tend to fit a form, sculpt the nail, do the same to the next finger then remove the first form....... So at any time my client has 2 forms fitted - one being worked on and one setting....... Does that make sense?

Also, you can tap the nail with your brush handle and if it clicks your product is set......

hth's

thats a good way hun :) , but why only 2 at a time and not all 5/10? xx

Dunno really....... I had my nails done by Amanda Fontanarrossa before I started sculpting and that's how she did it so when I began to sculpt I just removed them as I went along......

I wouldn't apply all 5 before application because the client could dislodge them, removing them is your own preference really as long as your product is set!

Last edited:
:hug:ok ta for that hun xx

I remove my forms from the top first where it comes over the top of the finger behind the matrix. I then separate it from the side walls on each side then pull away gently underneath the free edge downwards. The form usually comes away quite easily once you have done this :)

I remove my forms from the top first where it comes over the top of the finger behind the matrix. I then separate it from the side walls on each side then pull away gently underneath the free edge downwards. The form usually comes away quite easily once you have done this :)

BRILL thanks :) just hope it not mess up but as it will be set .....fingerscrossed x

Dunno really....... I had my nails done by Amanda Fontanarrossa before I started sculpting and that's how she did it so when I began to sculpt I just removed them as I went along......

I wouldn't apply all 5 before application because the client could dislodge them, removing them is your own preference really as long as your product is set!

Forms can be a bit uncomfortable to wear for any length of time, hence removing them as soon as the product has set is a good habit to get into.

Forms can be a bit uncomfortable to wear for any length of time, hence removing them as soon as the product has set is a good habit to get into.

im gonna give it a try one by one , see how i get on and like you say start as you mean to go on thanks :)

If the forms are applied correctly and if needed, tailored correctly, then they shouldn't be uncomfortable for the client.

I also apply one at a time, Moosey, once you have completed the next nail, your product should have well set up to remove the first form, unless you are working like greased lightning! You'll know if your product isn't set up enough too as the form won't want to come off.

Have a go, you'll be fine!

what about gel, do you freez each nail before starting the next , incase product moves and then cure whole hand the remove all forms ...? sorry for the questions .. xx

Gel is a totally different ball game and sculpting gel really isn't my speciality.......I'll let the gel Geeks answer that one for you :hug:

what about gel, do you freez each nail before starting the next , incase product moves and then cure whole hand the remove all forms ...? sorry for the questions .. xx

With gel I sculpt the thumbs first, remove the forms and then sculpt all eight fingers (I have two lamps) I do tend to freeze each finger as I'm working so I just alternate hands. When all fingers are done, I then do a full cure and them remove the forms.
HTH

FAB thanks hun was to tired lastnight as baby is teething so really excited about getting on the it today thank to everyonexx

Latest posts

Back