Removing someone elses Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really don't think that there should be any debate about whether to charge this lady or not for a Shellac removal and reapplication. She should be charged! Why on earth would anyone want to happily remove a product FREE on your first service for someone? You can charge for the soak off, apply a new set of Shellac and perhaps give her free bottle of a mini solar oil?

Why not charge for soak off everytime the client comes? This can be built into your re-shellacing in price? It really doesnt matter if we are using a tiny drop of product and a bit of foil to remove Shellac or whatever. At the end of the day, we had to purchase the foil, remover and also remove the stuff from clients' fingers. I am sure clients would understand this if we explain it to them properly.

I include my removal in my price. I dont charge for removal if they reapply. If all they do it remove then i charge.
If its a new client i dont charge them extra cause if they become a regular then Im doing the same services anyway. I really dont get why ppl charge for removing other ppl stuff. I see it as a bonus i guess. You want my nails on you, have a free gift, i dont charge you for taking off the ones you dont like. Sounds like punishment.
As far as my time is concerned if it is acrylic i have them come in 45 mins early and soak while Im working on the client before them. That way my time is not wasted. Gel polish same thing. They come in 15 mins early and read a mag and soak while i finish my previous client. Multi-task ladies :) time is money!

I really don't think that there should be any debate about whether to charge this lady or not for a Shellac removal and reapplication. She should be charged! Why on earth would anyone want to happily remove a product FREE on your first service for someone? You can charge for the soak off, apply a new set of Shellac and perhaps give her free bottle of a mini solar oil?

Why not charge for soak off everytime the client comes? This can be built into your re-shellacing in price? It really doesnt matter if we are using a tiny drop of product and a bit of foil to remove Shellac or whatever. At the end of the day, we had to purchase the foil, remover and also remove the stuff from clients' fingers. I am sure clients would understand this if we explain it to them properly.

I completely agree we are providing a service as a business.We have to make a profit.It is our right to make a profit.Time and time again i have heard therapists justify a price.It should not be that way.

If a client does not like that then they are not worthy of your services.

I have had one client come to me with shellac on and i charge 5 for removal,first time clients are charged 25 and then 30 here on in.

Actually I've just had a bit of a rethink now about this thread and I actually do think that we should be charging to remove another salon's product. This is based on my own experience with a client last week. She wanted me to take her current SOG adn Shellac her. I asked her what the product was and she told me it was OPI Gel polish and that her previous nail tech had told her it was a 10 minute removal. Now fair enough, we're not talking about Shellac here but in all honesty not every client knows what product is being applied, she may think it's Shellac and in my case OPI but it could be a variety of different products. My point is that I originally told her I would normally charge £10 for removal but I would do it free of charge as she was having her nails shellac'd with me. Removal took me an HOUR, this product simply didn't want to budge!! lol And because of this we werent' able to do the shellac as she had to pick up her kids from school. I had no choice but to charge her £10 and I went back the other day and did her Shellac treatment and have told her next time removal would be free if re-shellac'd.

Well said! x

I have prices for Shellac and a slightly higer price for re-Shellac, a Shellac takes 30 mins and re-shellac takes 40-45 min.
So it makes no difference to me if they are first timers or re-Shellacs, I charge accordingly.
But we also have a revisit incentive, we have 3 Shellacs for £XX.xx which are paid for in advance, this can be used by three friends, or they can use it, for fingers and toes, or singly themselves. It works for us, it has increased business and increased loyalty. We make our clients aware that the set of three Shellac applications are valid for 3 months, don't use it and you loose it.
We are now at a stage, after 6 months of doing this, that nearly every returning customer pays for the set of 3 and that means we have the money up front, to keep up with the colour demand and have the cash to do so xxxx

It may not work for all, but for us in London, it has been brilliant :p:Love::idea:

We are thinking of doing this also for Minx too, just have to figure out the costing :)

I really don't think that there should be any debate about whether to charge this lady or not for a Shellac removal and reapplication. She should be charged!

We all have different ways of doing and thinking and hashing our ideas with others and debating them here as part of what SG is for.

As in any debate, there is no right answer, we all come own decisions about our businesses and we get a little help from the view points of others around.

Me personally I charge $30.00 the first because it only takes me about 30 minutes total but returning clients to remove gel polish add extra time and my time is money so I charge $35.00 I have to take hour slot instead of 30 minutes so I explain to my clients the extra time for removal and is why i charge 5.00 more they all understand and if they don't they can go to chop shop and get what they pay for.... You are only worth what you charge. Also keep in mind this product last up to 3 weeks for gel polish Mani.. I charge 30.00 for a regular Mani with normal polish and that lasts maybe not even a week... Sp that's my thinking :)

I have prices for Shellac and a slightly higer price for re-Shellac, a Shellac takes 30 mins and re-shellac takes 40-45 min.
So it makes no difference to me if they are first timers or re-Shellacs, I charge accordingly.
But we also have a revisit incentive, we have 3 Shellacs for £XX.xx which are paid for in advance, this can be used by three friends, or they can use it, for fingers and toes, or singly themselves. It works for us, it has increased business and increased loyalty. We make our clients aware that the set of three Shellac applications are valid for 3 months, don't use it and you loose it.
We are now at a stage, after 6 months of doing this, that nearly every returning customer pays for the set of 3 and that means we have the money up front, to keep up with the colour demand and have the cash to do so xxxx
It may not work for all, but for us in London, it has been brilliant :p:Love::idea:
We are thinking of doing this also for Minx too, just have to figure out the costing :)

I have been thinking of doing a loyalty offer for a "course of Shellac" & your idea of 3 seems good.
How much do you charge for Shellac alone & Re-Shellac & your course of 3? x

Latest posts

Back