Rent a chair help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bexster

Reaction score
Hello everyone

Currently I own a salon and employ 4 members of staff.

I have one girl that makes around the same money as me in the Salon and is always booked. Reasently she's been morning about about having to work mobile to make up her wage and she never sees her partener due to being out all night doing mobile. There's been lots of discussion about rent a chair and what other people are on in other salons.

I feel like I pay decent wages as with commission she normally gets between £9 to £13 per hour.
My other girl is happy to plod along and doesn't complain but Isn't very good at her job and is quiet most of the time but makes her wage and a bit of profit for me so I'm happy.

I have one girl on mat leave who us unsure on returning to work.

Anyway my point is if the girl who takes same money as me leaves I will loose a lot if clients because of Facebook they will follow her the ones who stay will go eventually because I can't fit them in and my other girl the plodder isn't up to the job.

I'm happy to stay as things are but I'm affraid my girls going to leave I've worked with both girls for 4-5 years and we all get ion great so I want to consider rent a chair for myself.

Please could someone that does this advise me on a few things

1. Do they only get one chair? ( at the moment we all have 2 each for doing cuts etc in between colours.) would you charge more for 2 as I could be renting 5 chairs out making more profit.

2. Is it the best thing you have done or would you go back if you could

3. Can you give me any tips as to calculate my rent charge to them ( I was thinking £150 per week for 5 days if they want to do less that's up to them Cus I need to Pay my rent which is £750 per month) one girl normally take around £1000 - £1300 per week themselves in 5 days the other girl takes about £350-450 in 3 days

I was thinking of including all bills which cost me £15000 per year including my rent
But they buy the own products and equipment

Thx

Hello Bexter i cant really advise on rent a chair as i dont do that but just an alternative for you to think about, i have a hairdresser and a nail tech that work with me and they are both self employed on a 50/50 split. I provide all equipment and stock except hairdressers scissors and brushes . It works well for us as we all have an interest in growing the business and the busier we are the more we all earn. They set their own hours and we agree prices between us. In your situation it may give your girl who is struggling to fit in mobile a chance to bring them into the salon and work more hours and also for the plodder to pull her socks up! Just a thought? x

Over from beauty but my sister owns a hairdressers and her self employed girls pay her 40% + vat. She provides all colours, advertising, towels etc etc. She's done it that way for years. The only employees she has are the apprentices and a saturday girl. Once the girls have finished their apprenticeships she gives them an amount of time as an employee to build up their client base then offers them rent a chair opportunity. Hope that helps a little.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back