Renting a room need help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucyann

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have been offered a room to rent in my hair dressers salon. It's seperate to her main salon and an ideal size etc. We've agreed that it will be my own seperate business but within her business which we're both happy about. Can anyone point me in the right direction for where to start planning everything? Is there already a thread on here which anyone thinks will help me? I've found some threads which are talking about getting fire safety certificates, health and safety inspections etc, will I need all this for myself or would it be covered under the existing salon? The more I think about it the more I feel out of my depth and pulling my hair out!!! I just need to know where to start, what I need legally etc.

Don't pull your hair out hun! You don't need seperate fire certs etc, they will be covering the whole building.

You only need to sort out your own insurance which I'm assuming you would have already, get a contract drawn up re: rent and rules and signed by both of you, and get a lock put on your door to which only you have a key. Sounds harsh but I've been there, done that and no-matter how nice people are to begin with, they will eventually start taking the mickey and use your stuff when you aren't there etc.

Good luck and enjoy it :hug:

Yep, the salon owner is responsible for fire safety, but you are responsible for your own and your clients heath and safety.

I couldn't agree more about getting a written contract:)

Hey
I had this problem a few months ago... i know exactly how your feeling! try to not get stressed...
You and the salon owner need to sit down and discuss how things will work and you defo need a written contract!! i went to my local Citizens advice bureau who got me all the info i needed and put me in touch with a business advisor etc.
hope this helps:) xx

Latest posts

Back