rep point ettiquette

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When you receive reputation points do you send a pm to say thank you?

• Yes (if they leave a name)

Votes: 95 53.4%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 19 10.7%
  • No

Votes: 12 6.7%
  • What are reputation points?

Votes: 52 29.2%

• Total voters
i dont go to user cp very often so sometimes i find i have rep from a while ago and if ihavent pm'd you its cause i havent checked for ages...so to all who have repped me
THANK YOU :Love:

I too always send a pm to say thankyou, it is polite to do so xx

i dunno what they are or how u get them or send them so thanks for this!

it's always nice to thank people for your rep point!!!!
I always try to if they leave a name.
xxxxxxxxxxxx

I miss not being able to see the list of who you have repped...and the comments made....as I would hate to repeat myself!!..

Wonder if Sam will bring that back!!!.....or is it just somewhere else...anyone?

I miss not being able to see the list of who you have repped...and the comments made....as I would hate to repeat myself!!..

Wonder if Sam will bring that back!!!.....or is it just somewhere else...anyone?

i miss it too... i totally forget who ive repped and what i say... lol

....ooooh yeah, I miss that something terrible too, it also told you how many rep points you have when you give 'em. BRING 'EM BACK SAM!!! PLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEASE!! Oh can we have a begging smiley too? :lol:

OK Ok i have to say that i am guilty of not leaving my name when i give reps.

I don't need a thank you as i am only repping you cause you deserve it for going above and beyond to give helpful answers, or because i just like the sentiment you portray.

So while i can't take credit for all the reps without names:eek: i will only leave my name by accident lol.

....ooooh yeah, I miss that something terrible too, it also told you how many rep points you have when you give 'em. BRING 'EM BACK SAM!!! PLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEASE!! Oh can we have a begging smiley too? :lol:

I agree with this I miss not being able to see who I have given rep points too as well.
I also sometimes get rep points and people put their real name and not their user name, so I dont know who they are and I go through the thread in question it was given for trying to work out who it is, but seeing as sometimes there is more than one person with the same real name it can be difficult to work out who it actually is. So to all those who either havent left a name or have left their real name and I havent thanked you.........
***A big thanks to you all from me***

PS I am yet to give a neg rep but should i ever feel the need, I WILL leave my name. Every one has a right to face their accusers:green:

you can only give reputation to 10 peeps in 24 hours, you should be able to give rep again 24 hours from when you gave the first rep point.

Thanks Sandi.....I never knew that!!! :o

I have to confess I very rarely check my user CP and therefore don't know when I get rep points!!!:smack:

Thanks to anyone who has given me points and I have not PM'd them to say thanks.....:hug: xxxx

When i first joined I didn't leave my name or think to thank people :o

But.... now i leave my name and thank people by pm if they leave me any :)

Likewise. I was kinda overwhelmed at first. A belated THANKS to all those who have given me rep points. They were/are appreciated, (if not understood intially) :)

IMHO - I think you should leave your name with rep points and it is nice to know who has taken the time to read your posts - so in return it is nice of you to thank that geek:hug:

Likewise. I was kinda overwhelmed at first. A belated THANKS to all those who have given me rep points. They were/are appreciated, (if not understood intially) :)

Although I joined quite a while ago, I don't seem to have got to grips with all the things we can do on this site (dogs and new tricks spring to mind!!) Belated thanks for my reps.

xxx

I always try to thank peeps who leave me rep points, sometimes though I can't as they don't leave their names, so I will take this opportunity to thank the anonymous peeps who have left rep points for me, it is so very kind of you.

Joan

Good , bad or indifferent , helps if there is a name to return the favour - aknowledge - or explain the decision.

Thanks for all my reps
Good , bad or indifferent :)

XX J XX

I always send a pm (if they leave their name) to say thanks.

I always pm my name and the reason for given positive rep points.I have received rep points with no name left which is a shame as its nice to thank personally.I have also received 1 neg with no name left!!

I received some good rep on the 23rd and never knew until today so can I just cheekily use this thread to say thanks to Sassy, Sandi and Fiona for their comments.

Also, more on topic, would it be possible to have the persons name as a link or something so you can PM straight back (if you so wish). I was going to PM to say thanks, I recognised Sassy and Sandi but Fiona remains a mystery to me (sorry):o.

Just a thought.

Latest posts

Back