rep point ettiquette

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When you receive reputation points do you send a pm to say thank you?

• Yes (if they leave a name)

Votes: 95 53.4%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 19 10.7%
  • No

Votes: 12 6.7%
  • What are reputation points?

Votes: 52 29.2%

• Total voters
Fiona normally puts (NN) on her reps (NaturalNails) :wink2:
It isn't possible to have a link to the person who has given the rep as leaving a name is optional.

OMG!!!! Never even thought to do that. What a rude cow I am! Sorry! Now I know better!!!!!!

Gosh, I never thought to say thank you either! Sorry to those who have given me pos reps, and thank you for them! I am just as disorganised in real life, so please don't be offended that I didn't pm to say Thanks!!! :hug: :hug: :hug:

I have taken the advise as I had never thought about it before....how rude am I ? to all those who have given me some I have returned the favor plus added a few....thanks for making me see the errors of my ways!

I'm crap at saying thanks, I don't often look at it unless I get a new blip...so thank you and I will say thanks in future!

Good , bad or indifferent , helps if there is a name to return the favour - aknowledge - or explain the decision.

Thanks for all my reps
Good , bad or indifferent :)

XX J XX
I'm guilty of not leaving my name after giving good reps, I wrongly assumed that it would show up automatically. Glad I read this now or I would have carried on being a dizzy blonde:eek: . No wonder there wasn't any acknowledgement to any of them!

I don't even know what they are?

Teri x:cry:

I would just like to update that I have now come along way on this site and now DO know what rep points are, how to give them and how to thank people for them, which I do do by the way!!

Right i feel alot better now!

When I leave rep I don't expect a thanks or rep in return, I have left it because the post has really helped me, or the person has been kind and thoughtfulx

I don't always realise i have been given rep points to be honest so forget to say thanks.

To all who have done so, A big THANKYOU:hug::hug::hug:

If they leave a name, I send a pm saying thank you!

If they leave a name, I send a pm saying thank you!

I don't always notice that I have been left them .. I don't check everyday .. but I do try and pm a quick thankies to those who were kind enough to rep me :)

Thanks too to anyone I have missed thanking in the past lol! :hug:

I'm so glad I just saw this thread. I only just got my first rep point yesterday and wasn't sure what I had to do. Have now pm'd to thank her!

If they leave a name. I like to thank everyone for rep points.

Always say thanks to just about everything!
Quite a polite young lady, me!!!

Well lady, not sure about the young anymore!!:lol:

Only check my User CP when I remember, so may say thanks weeks later!!:green:

Only check my User CP when I remember, so may say thanks weeks later!!:green:

I always notice rep cos i'm always in my user cp for subscribed threads :lol: and i do say thank you xx

I always notice rep cos i'm always in my user cp for subscribed threads :lol: and i do say thank you xx

Yep!

Very courteous is our Becki, I've repped her on a couple of occasions :wink2: and she is always very grateful :lick: .

Teri x:hug: :hug:

I always PM or page my fellow geeks to thank them for rep :hug:

Yep!

Very courteous is our Becki, I've repped her on a couple of occasions :wink2: and she is always very grateful :lick: .

Teri x:hug: :hug:

:o Thanks hun :hug:,but the more the merrier :lol: xx

I'm so daft even if they don't leave a name,i say thank in the shout box lol.

:o Thanks hun :hug:,but the more the merrier :lol: xx

I'm so daft even if they don't leave a name,i say thank in the shout box lol.

What a good idea. If I don't know who has repped me, I start guessing from the thread and subsequent posts.

I have ended up thanking people who are very confused because it wasn't them.

It is a worry, my madness creeps into everything:eek::eek::eek:

Latest posts

Back