rep point ettiquette

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When you receive reputation points do you send a pm to say thank you?

• Yes (if they leave a name)

Votes: 95 53.4%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 19 10.7%
  • No

Votes: 12 6.7%
  • What are reputation points?

Votes: 52 29.2%

• Total voters
Hmmm, the only thing is....I don't think I can do it, I think someone off the Mod Squad would have too. Calling the Mod Squad, calling the Mod Squad...we need your help!! (I'm flashing my geek symbol in the sky, can you see it?) :lol:

ALL THAT CALLING SEEMED TO WORK.
LOL

Calling the Mod Squad, calling the Mod Squad...we need your help!! (I'm flashing my geek symbol in the sky, can you see it?) :lol:
LMAO, your geek symbol has been seen and the poll is there for all to vote on :D

If peeps leave a name then I like to send a pm to say thanks :hug:

I always reply to say thank you, except for one time when the giver didn't leave a name, I never did find out who it was after making a couple incorrect guesses!

I try to always pm and say thanks.
But sometimes I say "I'll do it later" and then can't remember if I did or if I forgot:rolleyes:

And then there are those lovely people that say lovely things and A) don't leave a name:irked: OR B)put their real name but not the name they sign in under so I have no flipping clue who they are :cry:

I hate not being able to say thanks.

And if any of you have left me a rep, and I didn't say thanks.

I'M SORRY & THANK YOU:!:

lol fuzzy brain, I get interupted by my kidlets gazillion times a day and can't figure if I'm coming or going sometimes and whether or not I finished what I started
:lol: :lol:

Wow! Cool! Thanks everybody for your interest! I feel pretty good for thinking up a topic that people seem to be keen to comment on :D
Now I know! Thanks to those who have given me rep points, and next time, I'm definitely PM'ing. w00t for polls!
EDIT: I just checked my points, and someone has left me a lovely message, but forgot to sign their name! I just thought I'd take this opportunity to point out that if you don't type your name along with your comment, we can't see who it came from and you won't get a thank you PM from someone who may well want to send you one ;)

I always say thanks if a name as been left i think it's good manners when someone has been nice by repping you in the first place x

:o :o :o sooooo SORRY to all Geeks who gave me some points....really feel ashamed,i have never Thanked any of Them!!!!:o I am really pleased & grateful...just i had no clue how to pm Them or say "thanks" other way....
so , i now saying BIG 'THANK YOU' TO ALL NICE GEEKS, who gave me reputation points!!!!!!:hug: :Love:

When i first joined I didn't leave my name or think to thank people :o

But.... now i leave my name and thank people by pm if they leave me any :)

I always send a thankyou PM too. Just seems rude not to say thankyou when somebody gives you something.

Yeah I send a PM to thank...don't always notice right away if I've had rep though! I repped too much last night as it says I have repped to much in the last 24 hours...does anyone know when I'll be able to rep again got more people to thank off my thread ya see! :green: x

I always pm to say Cheers and Thanks.....seems only polite.
I think the comments left are more important than the rep points themselves and it is nice to say thanks for them.
Reps are a great addition to the site...as it helps you see where you are going right...or wrong!....and can keep posting accordingly.:)

Yeah I send a PM to thank...don't always notice right away if I've had rep though! I repped too much last night as it says I have repped to much in the last 24 hours...does anyone know when I'll be able to rep again got more people to thank off my thread ya see! :green: x
you can only give reputation to 10 peeps in 24 hours, you should be able to give rep again 24 hours from when you gave the first rep point.
check on Forums, scroll to Site Assistance, there's a sub-forum called How To Do Stuff On The Site, not only will you find some fab articles on things like uploading pics, subscribing to threads etc, there's also an article on Reputation and how it works :wink2:
hth's

you can only give reputation to 10 peeps in 24 hours, you should be able to give rep again 24 hours from when you gave the first rep point.
check on Forums, scroll to Site Assistance, there's a sub-forum called How To Do Stuff On The Site, not only will you find some fab articles on things like uploading pics, subscribing to threads etc, there's also an article on Reputation and how it works :wink2:
hth's

Ahh thanks hun, makes sense that, so as of tonight I can do it again, just wanted to thank people for being so supportive on my thread last night! :) x

:o :o :o sooooo SORRY to all Geeks who gave me some points....really feel ashamed,i have never Thanked any of Them!!!!:o

same here......i'ts not that i wouldnt do it but i have never checked my rep for months and after reading this i did check, and realised i had been left some new pos rep....anyway nows my chance to say thanks to the givers :)

stanleyann

I always send a pm to thank you too. :green: xx:hug: xx

I always send a PM to say thank you. It doesn't take much to say thanks does it and a pos rep is always very much appreciated.:)

It's just good manners to thank someone whos given you something!

It's just good manners to thank someone whos given you something!

just remember to leave ya name hunnio ;) :hug:

OMG! :eek:
I dont check my rep often ... but I just did and see I have some nice shiny new ones!
Big thanks to the peeps that sent them :hug:

Latest posts

Back