rep point ettiquette

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When you receive reputation points do you send a pm to say thank you?

• Yes (if they leave a name)

Votes: 95 53.4%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 19 10.7%
  • No

Votes: 12 6.7%
  • What are reputation points?

Votes: 52 29.2%

• Total voters

neko

Reaction score
This is more of a personal opinion jobbie than a site assistance kind of question. I was just wondering about the accepted ettiquette for rep points. I understand the whys and hows of giving them, but receiving them!?!?
What is the polite and proper thing to do! I'm terrible. I get so embarassed when I get them (but very pleased :D).
Do you return in kind? Give them rep points back? Send a thank you PM? Or just leave it, and look for an opportunity? Opinions would be welcomed, it is a personal thing... I just don't want to seem rude, because I really am a nice girl :o

i normally send a pm back thanking them, its polite to acknowledge it i think !!i

This is more of a personal opinion jobbie than a site assistance kind of question. I was just wondering about the accepted ettiquette for rep points. I understand the whys and hows of giving them, but receiving them!?!?
What is the polite and proper thing to do! I'm terrible. I get so embarassed when I get them (but very pleased :D).
Do you return in kind? Give them rep points back? Send a thank you PM? Or just leave it, and look for an opportunity? Opinions would be welcomed, it is a personal thing... I just don't want to seem rude, because I really am a nice girl :o

i normally send a 'thanks mate' !

amb x

i normally send them back too

I just send a quick note saying thanks!!! Now this is one of those threads that could us a poll!!! :lol:

i also like to send a pm when i get one..(though not that often..)
i also use it as a thanks to my post, or as in 'i agree/here here' type thing..

some peeps who give a rep point dont always leave there name..

at the end of the day - the rep point is an added extra to the site- bit of fun-nice to be nice kind of thing...

Cool! A poll would be awesome for this. Go on Ms. Matrix! You are the queen of polls :hugs:

Cool! A poll would be awesome for this. Go on Ms. Matrix! You are the queen of polls :hugs:

yes a poll is a great idea.. and not all users are aware of what the rep points are..:)

ah i forgot to say....how frustrating it is when peeps dont leave the name...you cant say thanksssssssssssssss:hug:

ah i forgot to say....how frustrating it is when peeps dont leave the name...you cant say thanksssssssssssssss:hug:

They were from me hun!:lol: LOL!

I wouldn't know to be honest as i never get any:cry: :)

Seriously, I always pm people to say thanks, don't feel embarrased though, it's nice people have thought enough to do it!

I like to PM to say thanks :)

yes a poll is a great idea.. and not all users are aware of what the rep points are..:)

that would be me ( sorry i is thick )
what are rep points?

hmmmm, i dunno.
i never expect a thankyou when i rep. and i didnt realise it was the done thing.:o

its kinda nice when you get people backing you up on your opinion .
so a great big THANKS to all who sent me some rep:hug:

ive gotta agree there.... im saving my molios to beable to read who gives what rep ... for those times when you forget to reply or if you are like me you press enter and the other person only gets half a comment....lol

........... and if any one had pos repped me and i havent said thank you.... thankyou!

i also like to return the compliment and when someone posts something i like i freely give out rep (pos rep that is ;)

Jess
xox

that would be me ( sorry i is thick )
what are rep points?

its the wee blue!! boxes on the rhs...if u hover the mouse over them - it gives a statement...
if u click onto the green larger box nearer bottom of post - u can leave a rep point - positive or neg to a post and leave a comment and UR name (if u wish..)

to see ur rep points, click user cp, nearer the lhs along from new posts, scroll down after u clicked user cp and it will show u the rep points people have left...:hug:

its the wee blue!! boxes on the rhs...if u hover the mouse over them - it gives a statement...
if u click onto the green larger box nearer bottom of post - u can leave a rep point - positive or neg to a post and leave a comment and UR name (if u wish..)

to see ur rep points, click user cp, nearer the lhs along from new posts, scroll down after u clicked user cp and it will show u the rep points people have left...:hug:

well i aint got any hehehe
thanks for explaining hun

Hmmm, the only thing is....I don't think I can do it, I think someone off the Mod Squad would have too. Calling the Mod Squad, calling the Mod Squad...we need your help!! (I'm flashing my geek symbol in the sky, can you see it?) :lol:

I always send a 'thank you pm' - I think its nice to let someone know their pos rep is appreciated x

Latest posts

Back