Resisting the urge to do a pregnancy test

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi ladies, so I went to doctors this morning as i have had a uti since monday and obviously when you are preg you cant take over the counter medicines for cystitis etc. so she did another preg test and it was negative :( she said not to worry as it could just be that the urine wasnt concentrated enough as it wasnt an early morning wee, also i have been downing pints of water so that would dilute it as well. Feeling really disheartened now, hope it wasnt a false positive i got on my test!

Hi ladies, so I went to doctors this morning as i have had a uti since monday and obviously when you are preg you cant take over the counter medicines for cystitis etc. so she did another preg test and it was negative :( she said not to worry as it could just be that the urine wasnt concentrated enough as it wasnt an early morning wee, also i have been downing pints of water so that would dilute it as well. Feeling really disheartened now, hope it wasnt a false positive i got on my test!

Hi pinkcouture,

I’m sure your emotions are all over the place right now! Hopefully your negative result is just down to the amount of water you’ve been drinking. Fingers crossed for you and keep us posted!

I remember reading that a test can give a false negative but can't give a false positive so fingers crossed for you xx

Dont worry, I have heard many woman get a positive on a home test and the doctors come out negative but they were pregnant. Doctors test aren't as sensitive as the ones in the shops (you'd think they would be!) if you got a positive test and your period hasn't turned up Your pregnant! I would test again yourself and see if it's positive. Did you get your positive before your period was due? X

Don't panic just yet pink couture.I was told not to see or drink fluids for 4 hours for a true result.....your hcg levels double every 48 hrs...
Here was a list I was given of how sensitive preg tests are..
Superdrug 10mi
First response early response 20mi
Clear blue early and tesco own 25mi
Doctors surgery tests 50mi

The doctors are renown for giving negatives when infact you are pregnant so try a superdrug own? Or wait a day or two?

Uti infections are really common too in early preg so that may be a good sign?

Fingers crossed for you xxxxxxx

Thanks ladies, i used a boots test, im not actually due on until saturday so will do another home test then. I also read its more common to get a false negative but occasionally you can get a false positive. Doctor also said there were white blood cells in my urine but no infection? She has sent it off to the lab for testing and she said she has sent it as a 'pregnant womans urine sample' so she must think there is a possibility i am pregnant. Thanks for all the support guys xx

Just an update for you guys, did a clear blue test today and it came up pregnant straight away with a dark blue cross! So think im definitely pregnant!!

Just an update for you guys, did a clear blue test today and it came up pregnant straight away with a dark blue cross! So think im definitely pregnant!!
Yay!! Congrats! x

Fantastic,pink couture....so happy for you!!! Please keep us updated.....what did the doctor say about the progesterone? Xxxxxx

She said ignore that result, she thinks because i had a 35 day cycle instead of a 28 day cycle on that month it was just done on the wrong day so gave a misleading result!

She said ignore that result, she thinks because i had a 35 day cycle instead of a 28 day cycle on that month it was just done on the wrong day so gave a misleading result!
I told you it can fluctuate ,I think that sometimes the investigations done on the NHS are a waste of time as they base everyone on a 28 day cycle! I got my real answers when I switched over to a private consultant! Anyway you can forget all about that now.....no more test for you.....YOU DONE IT!!! Your pregnant xxxx
Fantastic news! Xxxx

Congratulations pinkcouture, that's fab news!

Thank you! I am so excited! I really didn't think it would happen because I thought I wasn't ovulating, i think that because I sort of gave up and wasn't trying so hard it just happened. So all you ladies that are still trying.....RELAX! I am convinced that this helped me.

I was told I hadn't ovulated for 7 months, and had pcos and conceiving would be very difficult. Then about 3 weeks later I found out I was pregnant! :) I'm now 24 weeks!

I was told I had pcos last year but when I had a blood test done last month the doctor said I dont have pcos! She was amazed I had been told I had it!

Had my scan done. All went well just got to wait for the Down's syndrome test results now x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    951.4 KB · Views: 37
Congratulations! Its so exciting! I cant wait until my first scan, got about 7 weeks to wait though :( im so impatient I am considering getting a private scan done!

Congratulations! Its so exciting! I cant wait until my first scan, got about 7 weeks to wait though :( im so impatient I am considering getting a private scan done!

I would get a private one done. I did and it made me feel so much better! X

To be honest I want to know how many babies are in there! I already have twins and the idea of another set of twins terrifies me! Apparently a private scan can tell you at 6 weeks if it is twins.

Latest posts

Back