Resisting the urge to do a pregnancy test

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahhhhh chellebelle I've been following this thread and I'm so happy for you.

Laura xx

Thank you Laura. I'm still feeling shocked. It's so nice to come on hear and talk to people about it. Esp as I'm going to have to try hard to keep quiet elsewhere
X

The stretching pains are your ligaments. They start loosening and stretching to allow the womb to expand. You will get them as early as 7 weeks and right up untill the end. The pain can also indicate a urinary infection if it is severe so contact your gp.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm not sure I'm ready to know exactly what stretches ha ha!

I love one born. I haven't yet seen last nights because I have to watch it when hubby's not around. He can't watch it. He'll be watching it up close and personal one day!

Oooo wedding dress? Have you set a date?x

Ha its something that just pings back after I'm sure!!

Oh I love it, I have to record and watch later too my boyfriend won't even come in the room when it's on.. Wimp!

July next year so I will have to make do with wedding planning and holding other peoples babies for now x

Congrats I was following the thread too, delighted to see your good news. It's so hard not to do a test straight. I'm 26 weeks along now and it's starting to speed up. While writing this my baby is kicking away :) happy days x

Ha its something that just pings back after I'm sure!!

Oh I love it, I have to record and watch later too my boyfriend won't even come in the room when it's on.. Wimp!

July next year so I will have to make do with wedding planning and holding other peoples babies for now x

July will be a lovely time to get married. We got married in June.
Would you then like to start trying for a family?
Wedding planning can be so much fun, hope you're enjoying it. I really enjoyed it. Have you chosen colour schemes yet?

Congrats I was following the thread too, delighted to see your good news. It's so hard not to do a test straight. I'm 26 weeks along now and it's starting to speed up. While writing this my baby is kicking away :) happy days x

Thank you.
Do you know if you have a boy or a girl kicking there? X

No we don't know, still can't believe I'll have a baby in the house soon. It felt like it as miles away in the beginning now it's really the count down 98 days to go eeek.

Ps there's an app that counts down the days for you x

July will be a lovely time to get married. We got married in June.
Would you then like to start trying for a family?
Wedding planning can be so much fun, hope you're enjoying it. I really enjoyed it. Have you chosen colour schemes yet?

I have a little girl already she's just turned one but I'd love another baby after the wedding!
I'm loving the planning we're doing vintage/shabby chic.

I will stop polluting your thread now ha but keeping my eyes peeled for your updates good luck!! x

No we don't know, still can't believe I'll have a baby in the house soon. It felt like it as miles away in the beginning now it's really the count down 98 days to go eeek.

Ps there's an app that counts down the days for you x

Aw how lovely, most people can't resist finding out but I think how nice to have a surprise.
I'll look for that app at some point. I downloaded a fertility tracker app which I barely got to use.

I have a little girl already she's just turned one but I'd love another baby after the wedding!
I'm loving the planning we're doing vintage/shabby chic.

I will stop polluting your thread now ha but keeping my eyes peeled for your updates good luck!! x

You're not polluting it.
Love vintage idea. We had a bit if a vintage theme going on. I wore a lace dress and we had some vintage things like birdcages for our centre pieces filled with roses x

Congratulations amazing news :) with my second daughter I did a test day I was due on and it came up negative but I just knew I was pregnant so I left it a few weeks then went to the doctor who did bloods which came back positive! He sent me for a dating scan and I was 10 weeks! Sometimes you just have an idea.xx

Hey I am 27 weeks. Due date 11th June. Is this your first? x

Drumroll please..
We did the test and got a very big strong positive cross!!!
I'm in shock. We've agreed I'll do a digital one in the morning to see and then I'll ring the doctor to triple check.
It really isn't real to me.
Hubby went off for a shower and I carried on making my parsley sauce for dinner calm as anything!

Congratulations. There seems to be a lot of pregnancy threads going on just now. So pleased for you. I am 27 wks and was trying for over a year and to start with thinking I was pregnant every month. When you are you just know. As others have said I didn't see my doc at all. Just got an appointment to see the midwife for a booking appointment. Xxx

My periods were all over the place when I came off the pill so couldn't rely on if I was late, when I was late which was nearly every month I just took a test. I got either cheap ones from the pound shop, my mum is a sexual health advisor so got me some or I got packs of two which work out cheaper. I took one every month as I couldn't wait either! My last one in stock I took was when it turned positive, I was just going shopping and told my husband I was getting one of the ovulation tests and he said to use the last pregnancy test and get some more when we went shopping, so I did it just before we left and it was positive! Never thinking it would be, I still went shopping but bought one of those expensive test that tell you how far along you are, I was two weeks. Good luck and if your dying to take a test take one, it's good practise! I was petrified on my first test and actually wanted it to be negative, on the second one I felt disappointed so every one after that I wanted it to be positive more and more

Aw congratulations chellebelle, lovely news!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're not polluting it.
Love vintage idea. We had a bit if a vintage theme going on. I wore a lace dress and we had some vintage things like birdcages for our centre pieces filled with roses x

Oh beautiful! Sounds just like the photos I've saved, gorgeous x

Drumroll please..
We did the test and got a very big strong positive cross!!!
I'm in shock. We've agreed I'll do a digital one in the morning to see and then I'll ring the doctor to triple check.
It really isn't real to me.
Hubby went off for a shower and I carried on making my parsley sauce for dinner calm as anything!

So glad I came back to check if you'd caved in yet! Massive congratulations xxx

Does anybody actually manage to sleep after taking a positive test!? Took me ages to get off now I'm awake thinking how is it not even 2am!
I was woke with a real start cus my husbands phone just beeped really loud and the first thing I felt was a jab in my stomach from it. I'm now thinking oh no could that cause a miscarriage! How daft is that!? I actually think it could be gone from that.
You're probably thinking I'm going to be a paranoid mare.. Hopefully not x

Latest posts

Back