retail - any good selling ideas?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crystaltash

Reaction score
Hey geeks,

My retail stock is very slow in shifting - i sell Ahava Facial and spa products, Jessica Nail products and He-Shi tanning products.

How do you guys sell on your retail stuff- i'm not very good at the hard sell, tho!!!

there is a good tutorial thingy on here by JENI GILES it talkes you through retailing. i cant get a link to work but hth xx

I find the best way to retail is to be confident & to know your product.

It's not enough to tell them something will suit them or give samples. You need to let people know what the product will do for them.

Also educate them on why they need to do things and find out what they do do.
For example if you do a facial you ask them about their routine & the products they use, I find alot of people don't exfolliate or do it too much or not enough, so I explain the importance of exfolliation & then you tell them why the one/s you have are good.

Always have samples on hand & follow up, ask them how they went with them, keep good records of what they have gotten & add on with new products. HTH

Bernadette has given the best advice here. If you yourself know and believe in the products you are selling - they will fly out the door.

Hey geeks,

My retail stock is very slow in shifting - i sell Ahava Facial and spa products, Jessica Nail products and He-Shi tanning products.

How do you guys sell on your retail stuff- i'm not very good at the hard sell, tho!!!
Don't use a hard sell. It's as uncomfortable for your client as it is for you!! Explain what you are using as you are using it.

Keep your retail products close at hand, best selling products at eye level.

Have a featured product that you can mention to every client and give them a discount if they purchase it at that service.

Send them thank you cards with your recommendations for at home care, making sure that they know they can get their home care items from you.

Educate your clients about what you use, why you use it and where they can get it (hopefully from you) and you'll notice your retail sales increase with out trying.

When your client gets ready to leave and is booking their next appointment make sure to offer at least 2 things you used on them during that service...cool blue during cold and flu season is a huge seller for us, the Scentsations are big this time of year, especially with a gift basket and card. (which we have on hand at our reception desk)

Don't ask yes or no questions, mention that you have these products available and how would you like to get them home, in a bag or to carry with you.

When they say not this time, don't take it personally, they are not rejecting you, they are either considering purchase or trying to plan their budget around it. If we want something bad enough we are usually willing to sacrifice something to have it.

I hope this is helpful, I'm not really good at a hard sell, but I am good at educating and being patient, if I plant the retail seed, the garden will grow. They may not buy today, but next time they are at the grocery or chemist and they are looking at home care products, they will think about you, what you've taught them and usually come to you to get those items.

Latest posts

Back