Retailing brow powders

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate paying postage, it makes me not order stuff. I understand why companies charge it. Once you build p and p into the buying costs of products for retail, staff commission there's barley any profit left unless you buy in huge bulk - all well and good for med/big bussines'.

P and p (especially £10, you can get a 24 hour trackable courier service from parcel monkey for just over £5 for up to 20kg) for an order of £5 isn't cost effective, but I can't wait 6 months to build up a decent order. No wonder people turn to eBay!

I will not buy pro products via eBay but I do buy some stuff on eBay.

X

I hate paying postage, it makes me not order stuff. I understand why companies charge it. Once you build p and p into the buying costs of products for retail, staff commission there's barley any profit left unless you buy in huge bulk - all well and good for med/big bussines'.

P and p (especially £10, you can get a 24 hour trackable courier service from parcel monkey for just over £5 for up to 20kg) for an order of £5 isn't cost effective, but I can't wait 6 months to build up a decent order. No wonder people turn to eBay!

I will not buy pro products via eBay but I do buy some stuff on eBay.

X

Its not postage youur paying for if you want them to get a marker pen and write your address on the item and just stick it in the post box then ask if they will do that for you!

It is postage AND packaging you pay for! Boxed bubble wrap tape ect! Do you know how much boxes and bubble wrap and tape actually costs?? It does add up! That it why you pay postage AND packaging!

July im guessing (correct me if im wrong) is a small company trying to offer you all a new product!! She will barely be covering the actually cost of the materials. We all forget about the extra involved in posting items but we all (including meself) like to have a moan about paying P&P but for a small business like July's £10 is an reasonable price to pay!

Sent from my HTC Vision using SalonGeek

Its not postage youur paying for if you want them to get a marker pen and write your address on the item and just stick it in the post box then ask if they will do that for you!

It is postage AND packaging you pay for! Boxed bubble wrap tape ect! Do you know how much boxes and bubble wrap and tape actually costs?? It does add up! That it why you pay postage AND packaging!

July im guessing (correct me if im wrong) is a small company trying to offer you all a new product!! She will barely be covering the actually cost of the materials. We all forget about the extra involved in posting items but we all (including meself) like to have a moan about paying P&P but for a small business like July's £10 is an reasonable price to pay!

Sent from my HTC Vision using SalonGeek

I totally agree, however, when paying more in p&p than the actual product, it puts me off. Jmho :) x

I have mailed Wow Brows but yet to hear back. How would you say they differ from Christian Brows? except in price.

Thankyou

We have the rights to Billion Dollar Brows in the UK, We have a full range of products dedicated exclusively to eye brows. Brow Boost which will enhance growth of the eye brow hair, Brow Gel, Hint of Tint in two colours, Brow Powders in 4 colours, the Universal Brow Pencil that works with virtually every hair colour, 2 types of brush and our own tweezers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I sell a lot on eBay so completely understand all the extras that go into sending an item, queuing for 20 mins at the post office, the parking ticket for over hanging a parking bay, the lolly for my daughter to keep her occupied whilst waiting 20 mins, i could list alot! IMO it should be built into the total cost of the product.

Having a cheaper product but high postage is a bit deceiving, it is the thing the puts ME off most getting through to checkout and realising there is huge p an p costs, 9/10 i wont order unless it is essential, if there was no p and p i would have likely to have gone through with ordering stuff i didn't necessarily need, probably spending more. It just seems to be the way my brain works, and not just me, there are others like me lol

I understand why companies charge postage, and I do order stuff but it does put me off. The price of the actual products seems more important most of the time, which again I understand, but I can't get away for charging for the telephone call, the biro, the consultation card etc on top of my treatment list "so that will be £6 for the eyebrow wax and £1 admin charge please" Ah well, I won't change anything, I'll continue to be as tight as a ducks bottom in a hope to keep my own business going - look after the pennies and the pounds look after themselves, a moto my dad lives his life by he started his own business at 22 and is now 52 and still running the very same successful business.

PLease don't think I'm getting at anyone, I'm not, just voicing my opinion on the subject, it's just one of those things that bother me lol

I sell a lot on eBay so completely understand all the extras that go into sending an item, queuing for 20 mins at the post office, the parking ticket for over hanging a parking bay, the lolly for my daughter to keep her occupied whilst waiting 20 mins, i could list alot! IMO it should be built into the total cost of the product.

Having a cheaper product but high postage is a bit deceiving, it is the thing the puts ME off most getting through to checkout and realising there is huge p an p costs, 9/10 i wont order unless it is essential, if there was no p and p i would have likely to have gone through with ordering stuff i didn't necessarily need, probably spending more. It just seems to be the way my brain works, and not just me, there are others like me lol

I understand why companies charge postage, and I do order stuff but it does put me off. The price of the actual products seems more important most of the time, which again I understand, but I can't get away for charging for the telephone call, the biro, the consultation card etc on top of my treatment list "so that will be £6 for the eyebrow wax and £1 admin charge please" Ah well, I won't change anything, I'll continue to be as tight as a ducks bottom in a hope to keep my own business going - look after the pennies and the pounds look after themselves, a moto my dad lives his life by he started his own business at 22 and is now 52 and still running the very same successful business.

PLease don't think I'm getting at anyone, I'm not, just voicing my opinion on the subject, it's just one of those things that bother me lol

That's just the point I was trying to get across too! I wasn't having a dig either, was JMO :) x

Hmmm...you talk, I listen. And I've decided to waive the postage altogether orders from mainland on all the opening orders...
Just quote SG please!
Thanks, Paula, for the review (beauty arena). I wouldn't sell a product I don't believe in.

July x

I'm after ordering a christain pro pallet but can't find any online could someone please do a link for me xx

Well its all in the title....which do I get in for retail, theres quite a price difference so would like some feedback on both brands please
tinax

I am wondering how any one manages to make anything on retailing these as there is nothing to stop the client ordering their own on-line once they know what products you are using/selling. Am I missing something here or do ou get a special deal on buying a certain amount of these?:?:

I am wondering how any one manages to make anything on retailing these as there is nothing to stop the client ordering their own on-line once they know what products you are using/selling. Am I missing something here or do ou get a special deal on buying a certain amount of these?:?:

Hi, the clients can order them online but it's up to you to educate them how to use, which shade suits them, how to work the brush to get the best from it and so on...It's the same with Dermalogica -sold online and any other product.
You get the powders at wholesale price and retail them at the RRP -allowing you usually a healthy 40-50% profit.
Back when I started in the beauty industry, I didn't use to believe in retail -I wasn't a sales person and just couldn't be bothered to sell. I enjoyed doing the treatments and was happy. But then after attending Dermalogica classes, I fell in love with the products. The passion naturally got through to the clients and started selling quite well. It's amazing what a difference it makes to daily takings!
If you are educated about your products and believe in them, it's easy to sell.
July

Last edited by a moderator:
Could someone pm me the website were i could buy christian eyebrows wholesale x

I'd also really like to know the website where I can buy Christian Eyebrows at wholesale price as I can't find it anywhere online. Could someone pm me as well please :) thanks xx

You get Christian eyebrow from Izabelle hammon. You will need to set up an account to buy there powders x

Latest posts

Back