Retailing enamel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ValencianNails

Positivity rules!
Reaction score
Posting this on behalf of champagne as she's having problems posting :green:

champagne said:
Hi All

I would like your opinions on the following question.

I have lots of regular file & polish clients....

They often ask if they can buy the polish.... I tell them I can order for them, I then sell it to them at a good profit....

BUT

Although their painting is never as good as a professional job, should I sell the polish for them to do their own or not?

Obviously for touch ups its good to retail but I don't find CND needs touching up within the 2 weeks....

Opinions please x

Thank yooooooooooooooooooo

I would sell them and then get them to try a different colour each time they come to you ;) xx

I have retail colours (Jessica), because although the colour lasts a long time, if people are off on their holidays or are the kind of people who use their nails like a penknife then they like to have it to touch up as & when needed.

People having the colour has never interfered with their appointments as they still need their nails shaping, their cuticles tidied & so forth. Plus the fact they can never make it look as good will always drive them back!

My manicure clients do not last 2 weeks with their polish. By having the same colours they can touch up and extend by quite a few days before they have to remove and re - do

I must be doing it wrong....i have trouble getting the polish off lol

i retail varnishes as i find clients want to paint their own toe nails to match their nails. i do offer pedicures and oe paints but some people just don't like anyone touching their feet so prefer to do it themselves at home

I do the same as you and take orders... I'm mobile and it doesn't make financial sense for me to carry a stock of enamels for retailing. I have to admit, 99% of my clients are enhancement p+w's and don't have any colour.

I have retail colours (Jessica), because although the colour lasts a long time, if people are off on their holidays or are the kind of people who use their nails like a penknife then they like to have it to touch up as & when needed.

People having the colour has never interfered with their appointments as they still need their nails shaping, their cuticles tidied & so forth. Plus the fact they can never make it look as good will always drive them back!

This is exactly what works for me too!
Retailing polihes brings me some profit and costs me nothing in terms of time =extra income.
By far I haven't met a single person who would like to wear the same colour all the time; they come back anyway to have their nails done and, about every second time they buy a new bottle of polish in a new exciting colour.
Are my clients special or am I just a helluva seller?:green:

Latest posts

Back