Reusable forms

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melliemel

Reaction score
Hi,

Do any of you use reusable forms?
I you do, or have ever, are they any good?

Melissa

Have done in the past but find disposable ones much more suitable as you can cut them to the shape required of the clients nails.
Best bet is to buy some of each and see which ones you get on better with. If you want a bit more strength with the dispoable ones use the oval middle part of the form and stick it under the front section of the form. hth

I've used re-useables.

While they are easy to pop on, they can be fiddly and it's important the client doesn't rest her hands and put any pressure on the underside of them, popping them outta place.
They're great for sculping on yourself AND for clients with 'perfect' fingers/nails HOWEVER
For those with flattish nails.... I definately do not advise them.

Hope this helps

they are great if the client has a pretty good c-curve, i actually use the old fashioned aluminum forms more than anything

they are great if the client has a pretty good c-curve, i actually use the old fashioned aluminum forms more than anything

Isn't that funny??? So do I, Carl!! (you and I are so alike in our nail thoughts)

I love the old Creative aluminium Future Forms and still use them, but I also love the Acra C forms as they are SO easy to fit and they do not jut straight out from the nail, but have an arch in the plastic that gives amazing results and very natural. I don't think either of these re-usable forms are made anymore, so I guard them with my life. :cry:

i love putting a slight dent in the side of an aluminum form where it meets the free-edge with my thumbnail, which makes an invisible strength core right where it's needed.

i love putting a slight dent in the side of an aluminum form where it meets the free-edge with my thumbnail, which makes an invisible strength core right where it's needed.

Yep. Barbara Griggs (did you ever meet her Carl? taught me to do that very thing (about 20 years ago) with my thumb nails and it makes all the difference. Barbara was my idol and taught me so much. She used to do all the CND posters and photo work going back. Using this method taught me that you never need to 'pinch' to get that perfect C curve and that you can do it all with brush work.

Never met Barbara, i was shown that trick by an ex WINBA judge from Australia ... Sharyn Connoly, she was the one that forced me (almost) to use a flat brush. She never actually did a nail, she made me do it all. When i see people using dowels i almost laugh, i use dowels sure, but i use them to form the c-curve of my aluminium form and i have them in wood from a hardware store to suit every nail, although i did like the look of Antony's double ended coloured aluminium dowels. Or i use a pencil, orange wood stick, tube of glue, feather duster handle .....whatever, they all work.:)

You guys talk about stuff I can only dream about learning... all your experience is amazing, you think you've learned something new and then something from years ago comes up which is still relevant...even if I can't work out how to do it lol!

The Creative aluminium Future Forms sound great - I wonder why they are not available any more?

I have some from OPI and they are "ok" but I would love to see something from the Creative range.

Geeg - can you not use your influence at Creative to make them available to all us Geeks? Don't keep them all to yourself!

Eva

The Creative aluminium Future Forms sound great - I wonder why they are not available any more?

I have some from OPI and they are "ok" but I would love to see something from the Creative range.

Geeg - can you not use your influence at Creative to make them available to all us Geeks? Don't keep them all to yourself!

Eva

We who started out with future forms adore them, but there were so many who just couldn't seem to use them and paper forms or teflon forms such as the Performance Forms from Creative, have become the new modern thing as so many find them easier. A bit like white tips .. not better, just easier for some.

Do you think I should I sell my Creative Future Forms on eBay for a fortune along with my gold Creative tools and tool case?? I have a new and unused set still in the oiginal packaging!!! :lol: ?¿?¿?¿

I bought some acra-c form years ago and they are pretty good but tbh I forgot i had them and might just start using them again. Sometimes they were a bit uncomfortable tho.

I bought some acra-c form years ago and they are pretty good but tbh I forgot i had them and might just start using them again. Sometimes they were a bit uncomfortable tho.

Can`t see why they should be if you are using the correct size sleeve for each finger. They do not need to be tight.

My gold tools are still going strong and still in pristine condition too!!

One American tech offered me allot of money for them once ... but I wouldn't part!! :)

When one can no longer get things suddenly they become valuable. :eek: When you can get them everyone complains they are too expensive ... I have certainly had my money's worth out of them and then some.

the tools were ahead of their time, everyone uses/wants a good set of tools now.

Latest posts

Back