Reverse application question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mary1981

Reaction score
I've just been practising the reverse application method, i geneally speaking only use this on myself when doing my own nails. I do suffer more lifting however when using this technique and i think its because i struggle to press the product sufficiently, especially at the side walls. So has anyone any tips on this? I've watched the Greg Salo video 100's of times too!
Thanks xx

I've just been practising the reverse application method, i geneally speaking only use this on myself when doing my own nails. I do suffer more lifting however when using this technique and i think its because i struggle to press the product sufficiently, especially at the side walls. So has anyone any tips on this? I've watched the Greg Salo video 100's of times too!
Thanks xx

Lifting in which area?

I can't see why you would suffer from any lifting problems simply because you choose to use the reverse method of dong ZONE1. Why should that have an effect on your pressing in zones 2 and 3?

At the sidewalls. Its having an effect on the pressing because i find it harder to work with a bigger bead in zones 2 and 3 and getting it in the right place without touching the skin. I also find the sidewall area is a little thick. I know i need lots more practise at it to get the technique right and just wondered if anyone had experienced the same when learning it.
I shall keep at it till i get it right though!

Last edited:
At the sidewalls. Its having an effect on the pressing because i find it harder to work with a bigger bead in zones 2 and 3 and getting it in the right place without touching the skin. I also find the sidewall area is a little thick. I know i need lots more practise at it to get the technique right and just wondered if anyone had experienced the same when learning it.
I shall keep at it till i get it right though!

Why are you working with a bigger bead in zone 2 and 3 .. Why should anything at all change about zone 2 & 3? I do what I always do in zone 2 & 3. Nothing changes apart from when I apply zone 1.

:Its a bigger bead because Young nails teach to do the whole of zone 2 and 3 with 1 bead, where as i am used to using 1 bead for zone 2 and 1 bead for zone 3. I know my problem is something i'm doing wrong, just trying to work out what it is:confused:
Would it be better to use 1 bead and do zone 2? and then 1 small bead for zone 3 and give this a try?
thanks Geeg! i know i'm not explaining myself very well:lol:

:Its a bigger bead because Young nails teach to do the whole of zone 2 and 3 with 1 bead, where as i am used to using 1 bead for zone 2 and 1 bead for zone 3. I know my problem is something i'm doing wrong, just trying to work out what it is:confused:
Would it be better to use 1 bead and do zone 2? and then 1 small bead for zone 3 and give this a try?
thanks Geeg! i know i'm not explaining myself very well:lol:

Do what you are comfortable doing and what you know works for you. You do not have to change your method just because someone esle does it that way.

I'm sure that working like this is your problem. It is possible to work in one bead but until you are comfortable with it then stick to what you know. You can't afford to loose unhappy clients because someone has said you must do it this or that way .. there are many ways to do things ..ease your self into new techniques slowly until you are sure you have got it.

Thank you for the advice Geeg, you are invaluable as ever. I'll definatley try and do it "my" way next time and see how i get on. Silly how sometimes you feel you need someone to say its ok to do what works best for you instead of soldiering on :)

I just wanted to tell you that you are not alone.....I have that exact same problem!!! I feel better knowing that i'm not the only one :hug:.

I just wanted to tell you that you are not alone.....I have that exact same problem!!! I feel better knowing that i'm not the only one :hug:.

lol thanks hun me too! :lol: We will get there one day! xx

do it in two beads hun
zone two first swipe in your smile line then a smaller bead for zone 3, sharpen up your smile line with the file if needed then apply the form and add your colour or white
hth

Latest posts

Back