Rhinestone Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellyuk

Reaction score
Hi all is there a special way of Applying/sticking rhinestones onto the nail ? i usually use a clear varnish to stick it but have found its not lasting long before its coming off.

thanks in advance for replying :D

use a small dab of nail glue and then apply top coat. that always work for me!! good luck!!!!!

I apply brush on tip adhesive to wear the stone is going and they never come off. In fact you'll have to use your nippers to get them off. You can use an old file to put a little dab of adhesive onto and dip into that if your prefer. xxx

I use brush on resin for mine too, I apply the rhinestone with an orangestick.
the last ones I had on my toenails lasted for 6 weeks !!!!!!! they would have lasted longer but I needed to repaint my nails lol.

I use the above method too....best I have found yet but be careful if using the resin on a clients nat nails...you only need the tiniest amount cos there'll be no shifting those babies once theyre there and it can be a nightmare trying to remove the silver-backing of the stone from the natural nail.

I set mine in the UV finishing gloss, they last forever and its hard to file them off when you want to change them.

Only thing you need to be careful of, is once you have put the finishing gloss on and set the stones in, you need to be very careful and still until you have cured them in the UV lamp as they do tend to move.

Good luck.

Wow thanks everyone ill deffo be trying this out thanks for replying wiht your genious advice hugs ;)

I've used a topcoat from salon services and I've had them on for weeks,

alli

I use gel glue, no running everywhere then! Or i glue them on and put gel topcoat on if thats what the client wants.

Right now Ive just had a lovvvverrrly meal from my hubby and a whole bottle of wine to myself....so you have been warned!!!

How do you encase the rhinestones?? Ive tried to encase in my white when clear powder and also just in clear powder and when it comes to buffing and wot not it just buffs off! Wot am I doing wrong??

Personally I have not found it to be very easy to encase them, I like my enhancements thin, so that only really leaves zone 2 where they would be completely covered, and anyway, I think they lose their faceted look when encased.
If you find youre buffing through to them, why not just use the glitterdots instead...same effect but just so much flatter and easier to encase.

kellyuk said:
Hi all is there a special way of Applying/sticking rhinestones onto the nail ? i usually use a clear varnish to stick it but have found its not lasting long before its coming off.

thanks in advance for replying :D
i apply them with nail varnish, then buy a good finishing sealer polish....i apply the stones cover with top coat, then put another coat of spangles nail art sealer.....mine usually last 5-6 weeks with no damage to the nails.
HTH
kat x

I have always used spangles nail art sealer as that is what i trained with, the stones stay on well - except toes - guess it is shoes that rub them. Think i might try using resin.

Latest posts

Back