Rhinoplasty aka 'nose job'

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samantha1981

Reaction score
Has anyone here ever undergone a nose job? I have been saving really hard for a couple of years and I am ready to go under the knife, the only thing holding me back is looking for a surgeon. There are so many options, as well as a lot of cowboys in the trade, so finding the right surgeon and researching his/her track record is key.

How do I go about it? I have already looked on the www.baaps.org.uk website for a directory of surgeons. What else should I do?

Why do you feel you need a nose job? It is a painful process to go through.My sister had one last year (but was to correct her nasal passage so she could breath better!) and they had made her nose tiny! I liked her better with her hereditary roman nose.I guess it's up to you, but is your nose that bad?

My mate had a nose job, and god bless her no one could tell the difference! she was so annoyed. shed been wanting it for years as she had a stigma about this practically invisible bump she has on it from breaking it as a kid. She now says it was actually to stop her snoring, but we know it wasnt! it makes her feel better, but we still think it was a bit silly...

Harley street and transform are the best clinics to go to Ive heard x

id love a nose job - my mate had one done (transform clinic i think) she said it hurts like mad which has put me off a bit. she said it was definately worth it though xx

Go to your GP and they can recommend one for you. Being unhappy about your appearance isn't silly. It is a confidence thing. And when someone don't like a certain part of their face it is very hard to cover it. Made worse when ass holes make a point of letting a person know by saying dumb things or calling names which is silly. Whatever you do to the outside, never change the inside - thats special!

Take care xx

I havent started to look into it yet as I only broke my nose a couple of months ago but, Id be very interested to hear what you find out as I think Ill be going down the same route.

mines got a bump in it - think it happened when i was playing fotty as a kid (serves me right for being a tomboy!!) xx

The best way to choose a surgeon is personal recommendation. xxx

petals said:
Why do you feel you need a nose job? It is a painful process to go through.My sister had one last year (but was to correct her nasal passage so she could breath better!) and they had made her nose tiny! I liked her better with her hereditary roman nose.I guess it's up to you, but is your nose that bad?

When it comes down to it, it's vanity. I won't dress it up and start making excuses. My nose took a couple of very hard knocks as a child, and subsequently grew with a bump on the side profile and also it very slightly leans to one side from the face-on view. If I'm completely honest, I really think my nose spoils what would otherwise be a pretty face. I am happy with the rest of my features but I think my nose spoils my face and I would be so much more content if I had this problem fixed.

I have been wanting this since I was fifteen (I'm twenty-four now) and I am definitely ready. I don't want to look drastically different, I see this as a minor but very effective improvement.

I know what you mean though, it's not a procedure to be taken lightly. It's a very serious operation, but the thing is, when something bothers you, I mean REALLY bothers you, to the extent that you think about it several times a day, plus EVERYTIME you look in the mirror....you would go to these lengths to sort it.

Thanks for the advice so far, guys, keep it comin'! xx

i think if you are that unhappy with something that your thinkin about it everyday then why not change it...if you have the means and the courage. Good look with it x

If I Could Afford It I Would Have It All Done, Boob Lift, Lipo, Tummy Tuck, Botox, Rystaline, Facial Peel, The List Goes On...and On..

haha oh god no..ur a lot braver than me, i cudn go threw unnecessary sugery...lol but for those who can...go for it...im always amazed at tho extreme make overs..there incredible

COULDNT AFFORD IT ANYWAY AND I AM NOT VERY BRAVE:Scared:

samantha1981 said:
When it comes down to it, it's vanity. I won't dress it up and start making excuses. My nose took a couple of very hard knocks as a child, and subsequently grew with a bump on the side profile and also it very slightly leans to one side from the face-on view. If I'm completely honest, I really think my nose spoils what would otherwise be a pretty face. I am happy with the rest of my features but I think my nose spoils my face and I would be so much more content if I had this problem fixed.

I have been wanting this since I was fifteen (I'm twenty-four now) and I am definitely ready. I don't want to look drastically different, I see this as a minor but very effective improvement.

I know what you mean though, it's not a procedure to be taken lightly. It's a very serious operation, but the thing is, when something bothers you, I mean REALLY bothers you, to the extent that you think about it several times a day, plus EVERYTIME you look in the mirror....you would go to these lengths to sort it.

Thanks for the advice so far, guys, keep it comin'! xx

Ah I understand! I broke my nose when I was 13 and it too has a bump on it from big Anne running into me at great force (she was alright- I got knocked out!)(Rounders-dangerous sport!) Get some good advice, I'm sure you may have had already. Don't touch anything in the back of magazines- speak to your doc or get referred to a private consultant. Just make sure you get what you want, and not what they want to give you.:hug:

I'VE HAD A NOSE JOB.

i had a roman nose with a bump on it. Now its a turned up nose :biggrin:

i can honestly say i felt NO pain. I was very bruised (looked like i'd been in a boxing ring for 12 rounds) for 2 weeks but it didn't hurt. If you want to pm me your number i'll tell you all about it.

I've never ever regretted it. the only thing i regret was not having done it earlier (i was 26). I would do it again tomorrow.

ps. i think it only hurts if your having your nose drilled to open up the airways. a girl my mom knew came to see me after because she wanted one (and i'll be honest, she needed it more than me!). She felt no pain either and told me she never regretted it for one minute and she was glad she came to see me.

Hi Samantha,

My ex Girlfriend had a nose job about 6 years ago. I can tell you she was extremely extremely fussy...in life (that's another story!!!) and in getting the correct surgeon to work on her nose...which I guess I would be.

I spent at least 2 days specifically driving around the country as far as Cambridge, I am on the south coast, but mainly London. I did a heck of a lot of research for her on the internet and she eventually agreed on the surgeon that she was happy with.

Most surgeons should give you a consultation and in a way, try and talk you out of it...I guess trying to test you about whether or not you are doing it for silly reasons...in fact most of the surgeons we spoke to thought that I was forcing her to have it done!!! (It was a tiny bump which in fact I quite like but she was very conscious about)

Anyway, the surgeon who did the job was great, she spent a day (I think maybe 2 days???) in the Wellington Hospital in London and was treated very well....so she should have been for the bl**dy cost of it!!! (About £3,000 from memory)

After she was discharged she had bandages on for about 2 weeks...(you have to remember this was a long time ago, so the timings might not be exact)..then had to go back and have them and the splint on her nose removed...anyway they'll tell you all of the timings etc etc...

She was brusied and in fact took some time off work to recover while her bandages were on and didn't go out in case anyone saw her.

Once she was recovered and was able to face going out...nobody even noticed...there was a definite difference for those that were close enough to her to know i.e. me and her family...in fact we took it as a bit of a compliment that nobody noticed as we felt that it was a very well done job...

Now....the only thing you want to know is who did the work.....sorry I've forgotten!!!

Alright alright I'm a right bug*er...it's just my sense of humour :evil: ...Sorry!!!

His name was Norman Waterhouse, he has a practice in Harley Street London and here are a couple of websites for you to look at...

http://www.harleystreetplasticsurgeon.co.uk/frames.htm

and

http://www.norman-waterhouse.com/index.html

I would like to point out that I have no connection with him and you should really do some of your own research, but you should find his name coming up a lot in anything you read. He does a lot of talks etc on the subject and is on the GMC (General Medical Council) I think.

All I CAN say is that if my ex girlfriend thought that he was OK...he's OK!!! It took me a lot of bl**dy hard research in finding the right one, but I'm glad I did...otherwise my life would not have been worth living if it had gone wrong!!

It is a big worry :Scared: in thinking about who to use when they could mess up your body big time, and as I say...this shouldn't be used as a quick and easy answer, but it will certainly be a very good starting point for you.

Best of luck in having it done...and let us know if you do have it done and how you get on.

Simon.

I've got bumpy nose from a break too! Can handle it face on view, it's just a bit of a bump at the top but my profile is horrible - fortunately I don;t have to look at that!!

I have thought about a nose job, but I've also seen someone after one and their whole facial features were COMPLETELY changed as a result, they were unrecognisable. As I'm not that unhappy with how I look I'm just not prepeared to take the risk....

However, I do know how you feel as I also had a problem with my ears - so they won the battle with the nose as which to which one I couldn't live with.

I got a plastic surgeon from referral by my doctor, as I felt this would ensure I got someone who was properly qualified etc.

You should be given a FREE consultation, where they should discuss why you want the op, what your expectations are (if you think it ruins your life and a new nose will get you that stunning job, fab bloke etc - forget it!), what the surgery involves, costs and recovery times.

Although different surgery, I was fine pain wise the day of the op, but the next day and for 2 weeks after I was in AGONY! Despite taking painkillers every few hours! I said at that time, if someone could have given me a glimse of how painful it would be afterwards, I'd have had seriously reconsidered.
Although my bandages came off after 2 weeks, I was also still very bruised and swollen for about 4 weeks afterwards, and it took about a year and a half to be able to touch my ears without flinching. As I say, different surgery but just bear in mind that once it's all 'healed' and bruises have faded you may still find it takes a while for it to completely to get back to normal.

Good luck,

Latest posts

Back