RIP Nelson Mandela

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if forgive is the right word (for me anyway). I'm not angry or have any negative feelings towards Abbie. I am just genuinely sad that she didn't know about this great man until now. That can be overlooked, but it still leaves me sad all the same. No hard feelings Abbie. X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh I'm not angry either, I was a bit suprised and a bit sad that anyone didn't know but, I admit I was giggling when I realised it she meant Morgan freeman!

I told my boyfriend about if and he said that Morgan freeman has played Nelson Mandela in a film. So Abbie can be slightly forgiven!

I think your right though tonicj Abbie probably is feeling bad about it! No hard feelings Abbie, now you know!

My 7 year old said to me yesterday
"mum, guess what? This really good guy died today and he had to go to prison just cos he thought white people and black people should be together, can you believe that?"

I'm sorry if I offended anyone - I now realise what am amazing inspirational man he really was! :( sorry again! x

I don't think anyone was offended Abbie, just shocked. :) no need to apologise x

I'm sorry if I offended anyone - I now realise what am amazing inspirational man he really was! :( sorry again! x

You didn't offend me at all. No need to apologise. You didn't know, but now you do!! I was sad that you didn't know - but now happy that it prompted you to find out more about him. X

He sure was a great man, and such a loss for not only South Africa but the world, I was 20 when he was released, he stood his ground and for what he believed in, bring everyone together
The world needs more like him that's for sure
R.I.P Sir the upmost respect for such an inspirational man who will never be forgotten

No one's offended, it's not your fault! I was just shocked - I'm really sorry if I made you feel bad or silly, I didn't mean to and should have thought about that before I commented. Sorry again chick!

Rx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

We certainly weren't offended Abbie! It was just shock- but it's all forgotten now! No need to apologise xxx

I was offended. Even if you had thought he was Morgan Freeman (?!) there was no need to actually post that and try and turn it into a joke. I found it disrespectful. Obviously you have deleted your posts and apologised so fair enough now but perhaps you should take the time to think next time.

I was offended. Even if you had thought he was Morgan Freeman (?!) there was no need to actually post that and try and turn it into a joke. I found it disrespectful. Obviously you have deleted your posts and apologised so fair enough now but perhaps you should take the time to think next time.

I think you've read into it a bit too much. I personally didn't get the feeling she was trying to joke / be disrespectful. It was simply her admitting to a silly mistake on who she though Mandela was. She has since learnt more on the matter and has still shown respect to him. X

Nelson Mandela did order a lot of death. Look at Winnie Mandela and the Four boys she ordered to die with a necklace tyres and setting on fire. Look at South Africa ecomony now 25% unemployment and now lead by a very corrupt government, the poor blacks are not in a better position and whites lives in arm guarded compounds. RIP to the man, but lets keep it real and not pretend this man was a saint. He was welcome to leave jail in 1985 if he would stop violence, he refused. I appreciate that he fought for discrimination but he was not a saint, watch him singing a racist hate the white man song on utube!

The last thing id ever do is turn a death into a joke... My comment said RIP I wasn't putting 'haha let's make it into a joke' ... I am far from disrespectful - a death is not a funny matter. I sure you don't know every man and woman in this world who has done something brave and inspirational do you? No. I've apologised and there's nothing more I can do. I'm not the first who doesn't know who he is and I won't be the last - I just told the truth that I didn't know who he was. X

I think you've read into it a bit too much. I personally didn't get the feeling she was trying to joke / be disrespectful. It was simply her admitting to a silly mistake on who she though Mandela was. She has since learnt more on the matter and has still shown respect to him. X

The point is though that there was no need to even put it! Just my opinion.

Can't believe a anyone's offended at the Morgan freeman thing I'm more offended that history is rewritten to make out this man had a halo above his head, he admitted this him self and to be frank many saw this man as a terrorist and perhaps you may feel different if it was your family he ordered bombed by the of the ANC who most certainly used violence. Of course South Africa is such as safe place now next to Somalia! It's ecomony was very strong during an apartheid as was Zimbabwe. Black Zimbabwe had acess to a nhs during apartheid and its ecomony was strong, both places are now hell holes! I think apartheid and racism is wrong as I do terrorism! I find rewriting history for lefty propaganda nauseating.

Can't believe a anyone's offended at the Morgan freeman thing I'm more offended that history is rewritten to make out this man had a halo above his head, he admitted this him self and to be frank many saw this man as a terrorist and perhaps you may feel different if it was your family he ordered bombed by the of the ANC who most certainly used violence. Of course South Africa is such as safe place now next to Somalia! It's ecomony was very strong during an apartheid as was Zimbabwe. Black Zimbabwe had acess to a nhs during apartheid and its ecomony was strong, both places are now hell holes! I think apartheid and racism is wrong as I do terrorism! I find rewriting history for lefty propaganda nauseating.

Are you saying apartheid was a GOOD thing?????

She just said it was as wrong as terrorism

She just said it was as wrong as terrorism

So what's the point in saying everything was thriving during apartheid? Thriving for the wrong reasons surely???

So what's the point in saying everything was thriving during apartheid? Thriving for the wrong reasons surely???

I don't know I didn't say it; I am sure she will explain. She is just giving her opinion which everyone is entitled too, I'm choosing to avoid giving mine.

Furthermore! As the OP of this thread- I didn't start it for this! In politics there are always bones of contention and ALWAYS two sided stories but that's NOT why u started the thread???!!!

I started it to honour a great man, who without a doubt lived an inspirational life and did great things and ultimately knew how to forgive which is something I struggle with. I don't know enough to debate whether some of the things he did were pragmatic or wrong but then I didn't start the thread for that! If u wanna debate that why not start your own thread???

I don't know I didn't say it; I am sure she will explain. She is just giving her opinion which everyone is entitled too, I'm choosing to avoid giving mine.

Right..,, well why not start a separate thread for that? That's not the intention of this one... Positive vibes only here!

I agree but this isnt the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back