Rockstar Toes with Shellac - pricing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EMMA AT ELITE

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am soon going to do Rockstar Toes, I have watched some videos, read tons of threads & ordered my glitter :)

I will be using Shellac, just was unsure what to charge for this, a normal Shellac pedi is £20 colour, £25 french - includes file, cuticle tidy, shellac.
So beings as it will be the same amount of shellac coats for the Rockstar (base, colour, glitter, top, top) not sure what to add on to cover the glitter & time :irked:

What do you charge for Rockstar Toes?

Any help would be really appreciated x:hug:x

Hi
i have set my pricing out initially at £17 for Rockstar toes. mainy because no one in my area offers this (as far as I am aware) and want to test the market, but i have an introdutory offer on at £10 until end of month.

now, i know i am probably selling myself a bit too cheaply here, but as i have just re-set up my business i need to get some foot flow thru the door and thought with christmas comming it may be a good time to promote this (plus i am uv-gel-ing and glittering anythign i can get my hands on at the moment lol!)

I have some Edge gel that i had left over (hence keeping my margin up) and am using that and some glitter i got from hobbycraft which incidently works really well so im not actually loosing anything at that price.

Once my gel runs out and i have to re-order then the price will go back to £17. i have a few of my mates that i have "Rockstar-ed" as walking advertisments, so just gonna play it by ear atm.

HTH

V x

OMG! That is REALLY cheap - wish I lived nearer you :lol:
How long does it take you to do a set?
I was thinking of about £25 for Rockstar Toes with Shellac, with an introductory offer of about £20, but wanted geeks thoughts & advice first.
What does everybody else charge? x

Oh i would love to know this as i am about to start offering this in my area as well!! Excited X

hi emma - i misread your post last night , as i dont do shellac - think it was coupled with having a 2 year old that refused blatently to go to sleep until 4 am lol! :eek:

shame i dont live in basildon still - would have been a lot nearer to you!

it takes me about 30 mins to do a set, but ive only done 2 sets - got a client coming round tonight for a set so ill let you know how long it takes me later! and post some pics

how do you find your shellac sells - do you do a lot with it? i saw some gellac at the wholesalers today and wondered if its worth investing - might advertise it first on the web and locally to see if i get any interest before shelling out!

V x

Hiya
Can i ask what brand glitter you ordered? and where from?
Im also looking at trying these for xmas business!
Thanks Stacey x

30 mins a set is really good & quick!

Thanks, that would be great if you post some photos.

Shellac is brilliant & has been really popular with my clients - I would highly recommend it.

x:hug:x

Hiya
Can i ask what brand glitter you ordered? and where from?
Im also looking at trying these for xmas business!
Thanks Stacey x

I got Martha Stewart glitter from QVC.
I did a search first on here & read all about RockStar Toes, some geeks get theirs from hoby craft & other craft shops x:hug:x

Hi All,

I am soon going to do Rockstar Toes, I have watched some videos, read tons of threads & ordered my glitter :)

I will be using Shellac, just was unsure what to charge for this, a normal Shellac pedi is £20 colour, £25 french - includes file, cuticle tidy, shellac.
So beings as it will be the same amount of shellac coats for the Rockstar (base, colour, glitter, top, top) not sure what to add on to cover the glitter & time :irked:

What do you charge for Rockstar Toes?

Any help would be really appreciated x:hug:x

why dose french cost more ? french on toes is sooooooo easy! much easyer than on fingers just use a paint brush! ,
anyways , as you already have to 2 prices why not charge the 25 for the glitter toes to , glitter is cheep and replaceable,

or maybe put the price up for both maybe 30 for 1 coloru and 35 for french and glitter?

Hey - well my rockstar toes were a roaring a sucess - unfortunately because i used a very pale powder pink glitter, the camera didnt pick it up to well - so the pic look as if its patchy also not liking that glitter as its much too fine - overlayed with some glitter gel from nfu-oh to give added bling - did the same on the glitter tips - well happy cos first ever set of glitter tips ive done on a client - ever!

yay - well done me lol

*whispers* gonna get told to blog it now he he :smack:

but toes took me 40 mins tonight only cos i had to add the glitter gel over the top

have uploaded pics to album

V x

why dose french cost more ? french on toes is sooooooo easy! much easyer than on fingers just use a paint brush! ,
anyways , as you already have to 2 prices why not charge the 25 for the glitter toes to , glitter is cheep and replaceable,

or maybe put the price up for both maybe 30 for 1 coloru and 35 for french and glitter?

French Shellac manicure/pedicure is more than colour Shellac as it takes longer to do & I use more product!
Yes, glitter can be cheap depending on what quality/brand you buy & all products are replaceable, but timing needs to be taken into pricing too x

Hey - well my rockstar toes were a roaring a sucess - unfortunately because i used a very pale powder pink glitter, the camera didnt pick it up to well - so the pic look as if its patchy also not liking that glitter as its much too fine - overlayed with some glitter gel from nfu-oh to give added bling - did the same on the glitter tips - well happy cos first ever set of glitter tips ive done on a client - ever!

yay - well done me lol

*whispers* gonna get told to blog it now he he :smack:

but toes took me 40 mins tonight only cos i had to add the glitter gel over the top

have uploaded pics to album

V x

The photos look great, yes, well done you :hug: I would be pleased with them too. Cant wait for my glitters to arrive so I can get practising! x

Anyone else? What do you charge? x

I charge the same for french, colour or glitter which is £20. They get a cuticle away prep with their first appointment, and other appointments they get a dry prep has to take into account of removal time. I don't charge extra for this.

I dont use anymore product for french, infact i use less has the white is only on the tip. 1 x base, 1 x white tip, 1 x negligee, 1 x top.

Glitters i use even less shellac and buy my glitters cheaply from the craft store. 1 x base, 1 x negligee, 1 x glitter, 1 x top.

They all take around the same time to do.

Thanks Karen :hug:

I do my french Shellac slightly different, I do 1 x base, 2 x negligee, 2 x white tip, 1 x top - I always ask the client if its "pinky" enough or "white" enough, sometimes I have done 2 x negligee then 1 x strawberry smoothie then the whites. Everyone seems to like a different french look :lol:

I have just created a group "Rockstar Toes" so please join so we can all share advice, tips, tricks & photos with each other Salon Geek - Rockstar Toes

I add $10 to my Shellac for Rockstar in one color. If there is more than one color of glitter it becomes art and starts at an additional $10 more ;)

Great, thanks Holly x:hug:x

French Shellac manicure/pedicure is more than colour Shellac as it takes longer to do & I use more product!
Yes, glitter can be cheap depending on what quality/brand you buy & all products are replaceable, but timing needs to be taken into pricing too x

I dont see how you use more product for french shellac ...i dont I use less, I guess it could take longer depending on the tech timings ect,
what I was getting at with the price was why not charge the same for glitter toes as you charge for french toes,
I realise that glitter can be cheep and it depends on quallity and brand..... I use nfu.oh glitters as i find they are reallly grate quallity and many many types to pick from cheep? NO but as with all glitter it goes along way!
like you I also have all of the martha stewert ones that Michales in the US sell (someone got carryed away when he went glitter shoping for me)

I do know how you need to break down cost per service and your timing has to be added BUT I also know you need to be realistic!
as much as I love the look of glitter toes , polish lasts as long on toes as anything else! and there are some fab cheep glitter polishes out there! so dont go out pricing your self!

Hi Emma,
My pricing for rock star toes is £25 with shellac
I do shellac base coat cure, one coat of colour shellac (whatevers nearest) sprinkle glitter on cure, and finish with top coat cure - £25

For my shellac fingers or toes its £25 too: - Base coat, 2 coats of colour, and top coat

For my shellac french on fingers or toes its also £25.00: - Base coat, Negligee, White and top coat

and for minx fingers its £20 and toes £25.00
If they want Shellac base and top coat over minx fingers its an extra £5.00
so overall for everything £25.00 my reasoning for keepin the same price is due to all taken roughly the same amount of time.

I hope this helps :hug:

Latest posts

Back