roll on wax what do you think?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMOUSE

Reaction score
I have just bumped into a lady i done my waxing training day with and she is fully booked. I asked her what wax she uses and she suggested the roll on wax it saves time and heats up alot quicker than the pots. I use the hive wax pot and i do eyebrows mostly but it can take about 30mins to warm up. She suggested the roll on wax because they have a small applicator for the eyebrows and it is alot quicker than mine. Can you tell me what you think and where i can purchase one. I work from home so it doesn't matter on size or weight.

Hi Tracey, I am not keen on this type of application. I have used this on clients and also had the system used on me - I was left with lots of wax on my skin and found it quite painful when being applied with the pressure from the roller (although I appreciate this may just have been the Therapists technique).

I found it difficult to use on eyebrows as felt the applicator was too wide on some occasions. In saying that, Im sure lots of therapists have great results and then you have to think about the hygiene benefits too.

I use Hive Roller wax system.

If you do a search this was covered recently.

Ju x

Hi Tracey, I am not keen on this type of application. I have used this on clients and also had the system used on me - I was left with lots of wax on my skin and found it quite painful when being applied with the pressure from the roller (although I appreciate this may just have been the Therapists technique).

I found it difficult to use on eyebrows as felt the applicator was too wide on some occasions. In saying that, Im sure lots of therapists have great results and then you have to think about the hygiene benefits too.

Must have been the therapists technique.I use clean and easy and you do not have to apply any pressure it is literally rolling the cartridge down the leg in one quick even swoop.It sounds like the wax was the wrong temperature and not flowing to the head properly or she wasnt holding it upright and waiting for the wax to go into the head.You have to wait for the bubbles to rise.
The roller head for eyebrows in the clean and easy is teeny tiny and its so easy to use.

i have used a rooler waxing system. I found them to be fast and efficient, but had to use a separate wax pot for eyebrows and more intimate bikini waxing (my preference). I think the clean and easy is probably one of the better ones, and i think it may have a dial for temp control (better for some v sensitive clients).
I have now changed to Phd with the roller heads and i love it.

Must have been the therapists technique.I use clean and easy and you do not have to apply any pressure it is literally rolling the cartridge down the leg in one quick even swoop.It sounds like the wax was the wrong temperature and not flowing to the head properly or she wasnt holding it upright and waiting for the wax to go into the head.You have to wait for the bubbles to rise.
The roller head for eyebrows in the clean and easy is teeny tiny and its so easy to use.
Took the words right out of my mouth, i use the clean and easy roller system and think it is fab, not found a bad side to it yet

Latest posts

Back