Room Heaters?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

femmefan

Reaction score
I just got a rather large electric bill so need to change the method of heating my room.

I work from home and during the last few months have been relying on the house heating but it's a large room and the radiator isn't big enough so I've been using a small fan heater to top it up. The room still isn't very warm and now hubby says I can't put the house heating on either 'cos it's summer :lol:

Any ideas for some cheap to run heating that doesn't look too bad?

Id get a new hubby & switch it back on lol Only kidding :hug:

I use a Delonghi convector heater in the salon and my electric bill is not bad at all,
they are cheap to buy, around £20 and heat up the rooms really good,
they have a thermostat too so when the room has reached the temp you want they shut down and come back on as and when needed,
i use one at home too in my bedroom,
i hate been cold ,lol :hug:

I just got a rather large electric bill so need to change the method of heating my room.

I work from home and during the last few months have been relying on the house heating but it's a large room and the radiator isn't big enough so I've been using a small fan heater to top it up. The room still isn't very warm and now hubby says I can't put the house heating on either 'cos it's summer :lol:

Any ideas for some cheap to run heating that doesn't look too bad?

Thermal long johns should do the trick and very cheap to run :eek:

Try the floor standing infra red heaters ,the can be set to swivel also...they are relatively cheap to buy,not expensive to run and they heat through the infra red they heat the surface of the body rather than the volume of air in the room...if its a large room this could do the trick....has a nice orange glow as well.

Good luck :hug:

Do your radiators have thermostats to control their temperature individually?

Any other form of heating is going to cost more than your gas heating/radiators, if you could turn all the other radiator thermostats down leaving the room you want heating on, the system won't need to work hard to get that room up to temperature.

The main thermostat will be in the hallway or living room, you'll need to manually turn this down when your room is warm enough because if all the other radiators are off the temperature will always be low for the main thermostat and the heating will continue to run.

This would be cheaper than electric heaters as they are costly to run and you'll need to invest in one also...

I am running 1 x fan convector & 1 x halogen heater.......These are both very expensive to run.....Maybe you could install a wall hung fan/heater, these are quite expensive to purchase but i believe the running costs are lower than fans etc...

Turning the other rads off is the best idea & the cheapest..

Have a look at a oil fill radiator but must have a thermostat and a timer would also be useful, but they warm a room up really well and once upto temp do not use much elec, but dont have it on too high, depending on the size of the room if its not too big i'd go for a 1kw and you'll be snug as bug.

Jim

Latest posts

Back