room rental and my appointment book, what do you think ???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilly

Reaction score
went to see someone about renting a room today, £10.00 per hour and they want hold of the app book and i have to ring in on the days i would work to see what clients i have in, what do you think ???

Too expensive (they are really trying to take the mick) and too much hassle if you ask me hun

Do you have lots of clients that are prepared to move with you to this new place?
Sounds a bit expensive to me tbh.

thats silly i wouldn't go for that !!

none that would want to travel out, its a beauty salon and she is thinking of her clients using me so she said it'd be best for them to book but i just wanted to rent a space and take my own bookings so i could be completly independant to work around the kids and my hair clients

I have bought my own salon and that doesnt even cost £10.00 ph,
dont even consider it hun :eek:

oh and she has suggested that i stick to the prices they used to charge when 3 of them did a short course but had to give up because they had so many clients returning to complain, £46.00 full set £30.00 nno and £27.00 i/f

you'd have to charge a lot of money for the treatments to cover the cost of the room and still make a profit.

It sounds to me like she wants to employ somebody on her rules. With the terms she is stipulating she should be paying you not the other way around.

Renting the space and self employed mean you decided when you work not the other way around.

Talk about wanting your cake and eating it! :lol:

Think how much you would have to charge to make any kind of profit,would your clients be prepared to pay the extra?
In my opinion this seems expensive,and it does't sound like you would have much control.

Last edited:
Hi Hun,
Run a mile......... Way too expensive, how can you make profit with rates like that?? On a 8 hour day they would get £80, 5 day week £400........who would rent the room at that price? I know you only want to do the hours that suit you, but the figures don't add up??? They are nuts. Look around, you will find a place that is right for you, best of luck, lotsa luv x

well thats kinda what i thought but not having gone down this road i wasnt sure what to expect, she said i would have to set definate days to work and would have to let them know in advance if i was thinking of taking time off she said they work round the clients not the other way around which is fair enough (obviously she has her salon reputation to consider ) but i thought the idea of renting a space is to be a bit more independant and flexiable ?

Thats CRAZY!!! Please dont go for it!..
I own my own salon that is very successful and has been for 5 years now, i am always booked up for 3-4 weeks, i NEVER have any complaints and my clients very rarely break a nail, i have a girl who works for me and another 2 training to meet demands...the amount they are charging for a set of nails is unjustified for their experience..as they quickly found out from the complaints,
these people see 'nails' and you as an easy way to make fast money..they clearly dont understand the industry or care for their clientele - people expect to get what they pay for...can you deliver..everytime? if your not 100% sure, be careful, you will be the scapegoat and you'll have earned the same as them but will have to deal with complaints..do free repairs etc.
hope this helps luv morena xxx
Nails by Morena - Home

well thats kinda what i thought but not having gone down this road i wasnt sure what to expect, she said i would have to set definate days to work and would have to let them know in advance if i was thinking of taking time off she said they work round the clients not the other way around which is fair enough (obviously she has her salon reputation to consider ) but i thought the idea of renting a space is to be a bit more independant and flexiable ?

if this lady wants to call the shots, what she needs is an employee not a renter.

your right there ! its not what i was looking for at all !:eek:

A bit on the pricey side, and her having the appointment book sucks. I'm sure you must be able to find something better - or perhaps renegotiate with her on your terms? Maybe she just doesn't know any better? :)

to be honest i think even if she dropped the price i dont think i'd go it, she's sort of out me off renting a space now ! maybe i have got the idea wrong as i thought i could rent a space and as long as my work was 100% (to keep up with the standard of her salon) i would pay her her rent ( even if i needed to take time off ) but be completely independant? after so many years of being mobile with my hairdressing i know i'd struggle with someone else booking my appointments !

Sounds like a really bad idea hun, it needs to be more on your terms or as an employee, that sounds like what she wants but without the resposibility, good luck with it all but i reckon you're better off finding somewhere else :hug:jmho
xx

Latest posts

Back